S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Drive It Like U Stole It!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 92 GMC Jimmy SLT 4x4 with CPI. The problem i'm having is the puter is throwin a code 43 and the engine has hardly any power trying to accelerate. But sometimes it will have tons of it (mostly not). You can floor it and then it will reach a certain rpm range and take off. What do you guys think it is? Thanks in advance for any tips you can help me with. I have to fix it in a tight budget so trying things to see if it works isn't part of the budget.

:dunno:

·
Drive It Like U Stole It!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this forum is like the rest, Everybody is too stuck up to answer. Well in any case, have a good ****in' life.

:02redxbla :phil:

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Code 43 is the engine knock sensor... When was the truck last tuned up.. The knock senor is sensing spark knock, you may need to run better gas or get a fuel cleaner.. My new truck was giving the error engine knock sensor.. but mine was cause by the truck sitting for 1 month at the dealership with next to nothing in the tank, after the first fill up it went away..

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
scrapeground said:
I guess this forum is like the rest, Everybody is too stuck up to answer. Well in any case, have a good ****in' life.

:02redxbla :phil:

stuck up? or didnt know the answer?:blaugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts