S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have air shocks on the back of my truck and the guy said they just needed to be filled.

i need a fitting or something to air them up. do i need to buy one or is there other ways??

i dont know the brand of shocks but i do have a pic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
frame looks bad but really isnt. yes thats wire holding the muffler up and no it wasnt me who did it lol

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
yea, looks it

seems that you need the "cap" which the tube goes through, and the o-rings to seal it.
tubing is just regular (slightly stiff and easy to kink) 1/8" tubing

and driving on them with zero psi may have led to a hole worn through the 'boot' or 'bag' part... maybe.
they dont reccomend any driving on them with less than 30 psi

more pics for ya below.

great shocks, but if you cant put air in them... ehhhh.....
i would call sumone and see if they can hook ya up with just the "caps" and stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not driving it right now so that should be fine, the other shock has that cap on it, so the parts that im missing are the pieces in the bag, in the link ? either way i dont see how it works, unless you put air in one end of the black "T" and it goes threw the lines to the shock??, ill just go ask our local old school speed man if he has or can order what i need, they probibly were drivin without air for quite a while so i should get a price for the whole packege shocks and all

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts

yea, the black "T" in the baggy is the shrader valve, and tees the two lines to each shock. i have that, a couple o-rings, and most of the stock line if you want them, just pay me like $5 or whatever for shipping.

and yea, if they are leaking air its prolly better to just buy new ones. i believe i got mine from summit?
wherever tim linked me to is what i got it from.

so if i can find that little baggy, you can have it. i didnt bother with the 'stock' pieces in there.

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
also see if you can read the directions on

might help it a bit.... i dunno if i kept the directions tho...

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Buy new ones. They are like $40 brand new from any Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc... and will include everything you need to install them properly. Also you will know the shocks are good by buying new ones. You could buy all the line and shit now and still have to turn around and replace those shocks because they were run below their recommended PSI.

Mine recommend 25-200PSI. I run 50.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found them at canadian tire, hate that store, $20.99 for the bag of stuff. he pulled it out for me and $129.99 for new shocks. i probibly will buy new shocks but there a few things i need for safety. but anyways i have it figured out now thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts