S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i posted another thread about a p0134 code for o2 sensor that keeps coming on. Well i neeed some info...

First off, i have a 2000 chevy s10 extreme with auto tranny. I was told that the motor was swapped with a low mileage 2.2 from an '02 s10.

my question is, is there a differance betwen the 2000 and 2002 2.2 engines? (autozone/oreilleys says the 02 is a flexfuel)

if they are different how can i tell what motor i have and ecu?

and last, the o2 sensor for a 2002 has a 2 wire, whereas the 2000 has a 1 wire o2.... if im using a one wire o2, will that be my p0134 code issue???

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
flex motor doesn't have a schrader valve on fuel rail in front of rightside motor,it's to the rear and under between #3#4 injector .
the fuel filter has a built in fuel press regulator in it,doesn't look same as regular f/filter.the fuel pump should put out more press than reg 2200 pump.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
'98 up all virtually identical except a couple minor things

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for the replies. ive just been curious since i know nothing about this truck. i know the motor has been swapped but dont know with what. i can tell by all the bolts and harnesses that its been swapped (markings and random plugs hanging) I was told it was a 2002 motor swapped into a 2000. ive been trying to fix random things and trying to figure out my o2 sensor problem and keep finding wires hanging or plugs un done but have no idea where they go. Autozones and orielleys also state that the 2002 motor is a flex fuel. Is it possibe he just swapped a flex fuel block and put everything from the 2000 2.2 onto it?

Sorry for all the questions. my last s10 was a 4.3 and im new to this 2.2. I would just like to get all the info i can to help me fix this thing! 20 mpg sucks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.