S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, ive been saving up for an S10. well i just went and applied for the loan cuz I've reached my goal of saving up $1,500 cash, and financing the rest. Waiting on if im approved or not, but thats not why ive called this meeting of the minds.

I wanted a Crew Cab, 4cly, 5speed. in either (black, White, Blue, grey) and this came up.

4cyl. 5speed tilt cruise cold a/c
power steering cd player
120,000 original miles
current registration
runs great

I need advice cuz you can all see its set up as a pre-runner. Bigger tires is less MPG's and mpg's is the reason im buying this car, but it has such a cool factor to it.

So i need your help. if im approved buy it? or buy a stock one. (non-prerunner status)

Ill be going to see it tomorrow or sunday. Anything i particular i should be looking for?

·
Advanced Life Form
791 Posts
I would say no man.but that's just my opinion.
The 4 bangers are not set up for that kind of driving.what is he asking for it anyway?
If your looking for mpg, you really need to find a stock one. there is no telling what that thing has been through, or what is hacked on it.
And if you EVER want to lower it, you will be out a lot more then with a stocker.
Unless its a hell of a deal man, dont do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say no man.but that's just my opinion.
The 4 bangers are not set up for that kind of driving.what is he asking for it anyway?
If your looking for mpg, you really need to find a stock one. there is no telling what that thing has been through, or what is hacked on it.
And if you EVER want to lower it, you will be out a lot more then with a stocker.
Unless its a hell of a deal man, dont do it.
hes asking 3g's for a 2000 with AC and all those pre-runner parts.

ya ima go see it tomorrow or Sunday. and if he doesn't take what i offer him ima walk away. Ill just try and find a stock one.

·
Currently Spoolin
1,448 Posts
I'd buy a stock one and do what you want to do to it rather than buy someone elses toy. Plus with those tires and the combined power of the 2.2, you will have your foot in it all day long and won't even notice an improvement in gas mileage vs. your impala.

·
I'm slap happy, bitches!
2,178 Posts
He doesn't want a V6, he wants a 4 cyl to get better gas.

I would look for another one.

the 2.2 is going to be like a chain smoking asthmatic in a marathon trying to turn those tires going up a hill. fuel economy will be low, if negative gas mileage isnt possible whereas a 4.3 won't has as big a problem the fuel mileage with a v6 wont dip as far.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry buddy, but I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on this one. That truck would be alot of fun if it was a 6cyln, but as a 4 banger you'll be disapointed because of the power to size difference:( . Now if it were supped -up a little (maybe with a turbo) you might be ok. All said and done though, you could use it for a project car and see what kind of HP you can get out of it:haha: . Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries everybody. Truck was sold last week, and i took all of your word of advice. Now im trying to track down a stock one. No matter how cool that lifted one looked:haha:

Let you know when i come up with something else.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yeah thats just a bad idea even pre-runners use at least a a 6cyl. with that power to weight ratio and the way the suspension looks i think it would be like a dog in quicksand

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah thats just a bad idea even pre-runners use at least a a 6cyl. with that power to weight ratio and the way the suspension looks i think it would be like a dog in quicksand
I only wanted it cuz Im right near Holy Jims Canyon in CA. and when it rains its fun to go out and have some fun.

But its no worries. Im going to see a 2000 4cly Auto with 100k miles tomorrow. Stock, no modifications.

If all goes well and its what they said it is, i should be coming back with it

·
Registered
159 Posts
:haha:
I only wanted it cuz Im right near Holy Jims Canyon in CA. and when it rains its fun to go out and have some fun.

But its no worries. Im going to see a 2000 4cly Auto with 100k miles tomorrow. Stock, no modifications.

If all goes well and its what they said it is, i should be coming back with it
Heck ya:haha: ! I'd be doing that too:rotf: . Sounds like fun. Well good luck with the new truck. Keep us posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts