1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up till 3 am working out things in my head,
Here is the pic.

The MAIN
Problem with the York is it oil ‘blow by' this is because the York only has one ring.

I spoke with John Williams the inventor of the Oasis he told me that they are working with CCI on a piston that has two rings in it the only problem is the new rings are only thousandth of an inch from each other there is only 3/64th of and inch for 2 rings on that piston not much room at all!! And two rings were not cutting it as they had hoped.

I came up with the idea above.
My solution is the make the piston larger by adding a 1/2" X 2" chunk of billet aluminum machined to spec. with two piston ring grooves this will be mounted the stock piston with bolts that will be tapped into the head. This will give a total of three rings and a better sealing area.
Now this problem has one problem a taller piston will slam into the top of the compressor so you would machine a 1/2" spacer plate like a throttle body spacer. To take up the extra head room. Now there would be a seam in the cylinder wall so you would have to bore out the cylinder and install a stainless sleeve to fit the new length and stock bore. All will be bolted together with longer head bolts and the stock head. The final compressor will be 1/2" taller then stock and have a 99.8% better oil control ;)

Pic notation,

A Stock York head with longer bolts
B New bolts to hold new piston head to stock piston
C Stock piston with drilled and taped holes for new bolts
D New stainless sleeve for cylinder walls
E New ½” billet block machined to hold sleeves and vents
F original compressor body bored to handle new sleeve

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
absolutcain said:
i was just thinking baout that in my head i have just failed to put it on paper yet..

so ya think it will work?
I am waiting for a reply from oasis

BTW SWEET pic as your avatar man! :thumbup:

·
Registered
645 Posts
when i was talkin to oasis and they said they where workin on a duel piston ring piston...all i could this of....year right. have you guys had one of these alpart and really seen that the piston ring is very very close to everything, top and pin.
so my thought we be what you got down. adding the space and such for a taller piston. i think if it had a real oil scrapping ring it would work wonders

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
streetdreams420 said:
with the extra billet and more rings, wouldn't the york be running a hell of alot hotter?

It just may :(

·
streetswepa
627 Posts
DJDAudio said:
It just may :(
could there maybe be a way of making the new sleeve hollow in the middle? thinking you could maybe make a little cooler kit of something that would keep the sleeve cool. just a thought

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
streetdreams420 said:
could there maybe be a way of making the new sleeve hollow in the middle? thinking you could maybe make a little cooler kit of something that would keep the sleeve cool. just a thought
good idea the new 1/2" of metal I add could have lines run through it to run to an intercooler maby :cool: ... that may just work lol

·
streetswepa
627 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't was also thinking the other day of getting like a small tranny rad coller, and attaching my suction line to it, and getting like a small electric fan from like a kia or something, so she is always getting cool air? think this will help keep the heat down?

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
whats the OD on the stock piston, also whats the measurements on the length of the rod, and the OD on the crank, maybe the best solution might be to locate a piston out of an engine with the same OD, then run a shorter rod so you don't have to add a spacer and a sleeve. If you are going to do all that you might as well just make the whole compressor.

·
streetswepa
627 Posts
motomullet said:
whats the OD on the stock piston, also whats the measurements on the length of the rod, and the OD on the crank, maybe the best solution might be to locate a piston out of an engine with the same OD, then run a shorter rod so you don't have to add a spacer and a sleeve. If you are going to do all that you might as well just make the whole compressor.
good call . maybe like small engines or 2strokes?

·
Registered
645 Posts
DJDAudio said:
good idea the new 1/2" of metal I add could have lines run through it to run to an intercooler maby :cool: ... that may just work lol
great idea:D

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
motomullet said:

all have a 1.875" bore.

A shorter crank and or connecting rod will not work because you will loose the piston out the bottom of the shaft ;)

but good idea on finding a replacement there has to be one that exists. who do I call?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I receved a response from Oasis today about my idea.

aside from cost they said it would work.
so anyone have a clue what these parts would cost to make?
I plan to cast them in the foundrly at work them mechine them to spec on the lathe and mill
I am also going to check what a final cost in parts and labor is going to cost.

just need to build it now ha ha.. the easy part ;)

·
streetswepa
627 Posts
if your going to do all the fabbing and machinig in house, I don't think it will cost you to much. but to sell to the public is a different story, just think how much of your time will be involved.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
awesome idea..... i think if there was a way to cool that SOB down it would be the best.... like that intercooler or a small fan. maybe somehow link it up with a fluid in the truck like put a new container on there somewhere with just water in it, so you could flip a switch and turn on the cooling process have the water run through the necessary places.. hahaha im sure if anyone could do it it'd be u. lol

for the yorks do you think a 30 or 40 weight oil is better??

·
Registered
868 Posts
ya really ... i dont see this as bein a way to make lots of money, but its an awesome idea to do yourself.
as for the cool air in the seduction port idea, ive been tryin to do that for a few weeks now ... cant seem to find a small decent radiator that i can mount in the stock air filter location. and yea i think kia had the best "mini" fan ... but think i saw somethin off an old skool jag or somethin that woulda worked perfect too. but i didnt have my tools with me when i went ...

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
xHAWKx said:
awesome idea..... i think if there was a way to cool that SOB down it would be the best.... like that intercooler or a small fan. maybe somehow link it up with a fluid in the truck like put a new container on there somewhere with just water in it, so you could flip a switch and turn on the cooling process have the water run through the necessary places.. hahaha im sure if anyone could do it it'd be u. lol

for the yorks do you think a 30 or 40 weight oil is better??
50 weight race oil is best ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts