S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1siks-10 said:
nice job! now how fast of a difference?
thanks, i dont know yet because i still have to the rear vavles and i need to buy some more fittings to hook it up.

illbe sure to post when i get it all together though

scott

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if anyonw is wondering how fast these things are. i hooked them up yesterday and they are really really fast compared to my airride ones...

my friend said when he was watching that it hoped a little... i think he might be crazy though

lates
scott

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Awesome!

:hitit: That's pretty sweet bro! Where did you pick them up, and for how much? I'm assuming that they are singles, so you're going to need 8?

Keep us up on the reliability thing.....

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got my valves from Larry @ www.innovativeairsuspension.com tell him i sent you, im sure he can hook you up. i dont think i have the liberty to tell you howmuch i got them for :)

but hopefully they are reliable.

soon im gonna get a vid. of my truck in action as soon as i find a friend that i can bum a camera from.

lates
scott

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Thanks Homie!

I'll have to give him a call when I get back to the states. by this time we should know the "reliability factor". I get home in 5 Mos.!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:werd: :sheep: :booty: :stupid: :thumbup:

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Sho Nuff' !!!!

Yea, I'm Active Duty AF . I have been here since Sept 27 of last year this is a one year assingment, and I find myself here in my last year. I'm in korea :thumbdown

I have fun, but you know, rather be home with my truck and my people.

Yea, let me know how these wrok out for you, what size are you running? 1/2 npt? or 3/8? I have to "re Bag" my truck, and add two in the rear along with my notch to get it right. I'm also looking forward to doing a 4 link, (weld in, i don't want to lay spring perch,I want to lay the damn Frame!) I also need to get rid of my small ass 17's......

I'll see ya man......

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill let you know on the vavles as i break them in :)
the ports are 3/8" on the valves and 1/4"npt on the bags. i used the thin wall fittings to there is no restriction of air its all 3/8" ID all the way through.

i think im happy with just sitting like 1/2" off so i dont drag my truck to the side of the freeway if somthing goes wrong. just my opinion though. im worryied about the gas tank.

lates
scott

·
I'll Miss Ya Red!!!
2,963 Posts
Trust me I know how it is to drag home

I have cut alot of air lines by being stupid about how I routed them. I have wheelwells still, so it wasn't too hard on my truck, I am 1/2in above ground now, but it sure did ride like ass, and my tires are balding. polished the wheelwells because of it. I intend to go w/a fuel cell likw Wayne in the Bags here I come topic did. I am going to tear this ***** down, and start from scratch!

My buddy and I built it, (him mostly) so that I could go to a show I had shown at the year before.. I made the show, but we had done a pretty bang up job to get the truck there. It leaked soooo bad! But I intedn to tear everything down, and start w/ new bags, cuase sitting for a year isn't doing them any good. and I'll need to get my tries re balanced, sitting in one spot too long.

This time around, I'm going to do it right, and do all hard line, and stainless steel braided hose where I need it. The only thing that is gonna kill me this time is the bags going bad, and those will be brand new so I should be good.

I am also looking into getting a one piece drive shaft (aluminum) along with the a'fore mentioned 4 link. I'd love to put an IRS in it, but I have to be realistic...

I'm going all electric this time so I need to shop around. I caught your post, and wanted to thank you for responding. I'll deffinitely be sure to give these guys a call, (if your **** holds up!:D ).

thanks again bro!

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Valve Wiring

Hey Alto i got some Q's for you, how do you have these wired up, like what guage wire and are you running any fuses inline? Also what about your compressor? Im gettin the Viair 450 or Airlift 450? and need to know what to expect when wiring this thing up too, should be ready to go to work in the next week or so on it so im gettin as much info now.

Nathan:stupid:

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well the wires going from the switches to the valves are 16gauge and yes i have a 30amp fuse in there. actually in the fuse box there is a stud that you can pick up a hot from and it has a 30amp fuse built into it so i get my hot from there.
my comp. is a tomas 317 but i think im gonna get anothere soon. it has a relay and is on 10gauge wire.

the wireing is pretty simple the valves are only 2 wires one hot(switched) and one ground.

if you have any more questions, just ask and ill try to answer them

lates scott

1 - 20 of 39 Posts