1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked out your website and I have to say I really like your 93 s-10. Wondering if I could ask a question or two I may have missed the answer in your site so bare with me. Where die the rear fender piece come from? What did the rear axle come out of? Did you narrow the frame (I did not see mention of it)? Again really enjoyed the way your truck looks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The phantom dually is my friend Dereks. The rearend is a stock width S10 rear that used to be in my truck. It has an Auburn limited slip and Richmond 4.10's. Frame is still stock width, he just notched it so he could have a little more clearance when it is set down. The fenders, believe it or not, are for an S10 and as far as I know are discontinued. He bought them on Ebay for 40 bucks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
So to be sure did you mean the rear is stock housing with a gear change or custom rear? If so how has it held up? My bro was gonna throw in some 3.73 in his stock rear but everyone suggested he didn't, I thought it would be fine if he used it mainly for street and tried to stay away from the strip, yeah right, any thoughts appreciated. Thank you for your time

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Housing is stock with gears and a carrier. I wouldn't recommend running a stocker if you plan on hooking your truck up. The reason he has it in his truck is because I changed over to a 9". The stock rear should hold up to somewhere around 400 hp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well he has the stock rear in it now and he drives it occasionally not exactly a daily driver. It has I believe the 3.42 or something like that when the BB was stock he used run it quite often at the track and run a best of 12.9 and it held up and that was for a couple of years (that is also using slicks so a little more wear and tear). For the past year he has driven it with the new BB it made 470hp and 517tq on the dyno at the crank, so it is just a matter of time when I have to pull him back to his house. There is no way he is gonna hook that thing up with it maxing out at 5500rpm. My thought was and feel free to give me yours is most people recommend a lower rear ratio with a high compression (10.5:1) motor. My arguement was he could probably get a little better gas milegage (not much) if it was a little lower I know it contradicts everything I have been told but it is just my opinion what do you think? Also would you be able to recommend someone to build a 9" for an s-10 blazer (something that we could just bolt in) I think he has been getting estimates around $1500? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts