S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Newf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 84 S15 4X4 with a 350. It has a TH350 tranny in it now. I was just wondering what kind of vehicle can I get a 700R4 out of that will bolt up in it's place.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Congrats!

lets see you can get the 700r4 outta any fbody, fullsize truck, s-series. actually the list is HUGE just make sure you get the 90 degree bellhousing and you should be fine!

You will need to get a lockup kit from jegs or summit for it also if the engine isnt computer controled.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
vdubbin86 said:
I just picked up an 84 S15 4X4 with a 350. It has a TH350 tranny in it now. I was just wondering what kind of vehicle can I get a 700R4 out of that will bolt up in it's place.

Thanks
Congrats, Rob!

·
The Newf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard that a 4x4 tranny and a 2wd tranny are different. I thought the 4x4 tranny was shorter.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
I believe it is the tailshaft the differs, the one on 4x4 heads to the x-fer case. The one on the 2wd heads to driveshaft.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey vdubbin86 does your 350 have headers if so do you know which ones

·
The Newf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No headers. :(

Just the manifolds that came on the engine. The engine came out of an 83 pickup. I am gonna have to get headers though cause the stering shaft rubs on them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the block huggers for my 89 blazer and the steering shaft rubs it too. I wouldnt recommend the block huggers.

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
Flowtech makes headers specificly for an S-10 V-8 conversion,they`re a nice set for the money(this is what I`m running),but if you want a REALLY nice set of headers,Sanderson makes the best around for this conversion. There is several guys on this board that run them as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts