S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new user to this S-10 forum, still checking out everything, pretty cool so far..... The question though was what kind of power is everyone getting from their California Emissions-Legal V6's..?? Horsepower numbers and mods....? Mine just turned out a 213hp reading on the G-Tech Pro, only had time for one run and had wrong weight in, I'm assuming total engine power (adding 15% for flywheel loss) is somewhere around 235-250... Does that seem pretty accurate or even possible..?? I was suprised... My '91 S-10 pickup has pretty much every mod available, less than a new manifold, new carb, and camshaft... Trying to stay emissions legal gets expensive, and sometimes it's just not possible............ arghh!

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
the wrong weight can really throw that g-tech out.
with out any internal mods thinkin about 180-190 tops, to the ground.

my 98 4.3 with every bolt on possiable. got 190 rwhp on a g-tech. so i would guess it really about 170-175 if i'm lucky.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Your G-Tech is off, Most V6s with good mods dyno about 200-210
RWHP. Drivetrain loss is usually figured at 20%.

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the weight in too light, at 2800......... appreciate the feedback on the g-tech, i'll have to run it again and see how it turns out with the right weights and everything.... How is the MSD ignition system,,....?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
msd is the best, it's what i got, go with the plugs wires they have too if u wanna upgrade, and then throw in some bosch platinum +4's thats the way to get a clean efficient burn, and i am talking from experience

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay sounds good on the MSD.... I'll have to get one once I have a little cash left over... just spent the last 5 hours fixing the throttle body wire, switching the backup light switch, changing the oil, and rebuilding the front end... she looks pretty again.. :) I've got the platinum +4's now that I think about it, kinda forgot bout em... thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
np man just here to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts