S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my truck is going in next week for a new tranny. I have 27,000km on it, and my third gear already blew once. They tried to repair it, but changing the teeth the first time didn't work, and then changing the whole gear did not work either. Now, they have decided to put a whole new tranny in. I have to say, I am not all that impressed with the tranny that GM choose to put in our little trucks. They could have made it a little stronger. I mean, don't they think they we are gonna be a little hard on them sometimes?? Oh well, just wanted to complain to someone:cry: :cry:

·
The Original A D M I N
18,797 Posts
are they replacing it or just rebuilding it. make sure that they replace it!

if you are having it done at the dealership make sure it is a replacement. they have a tendancy to do just repair and patch work.

if it is at someplace else then i would suggest that you upgrade the parts as we had previously disussed.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, they are actually replacing the tranny. I am in really good with the service manager at the dealership and he is making sure that I get a replacement tranny. He's really good on his word so I trust him.:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts