S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to these forums, and Im not very truck/car savvy. I have a Chevy S10, 1996, 4 wheel drive, V6, Extended Cab. If you need to know anything else, I will try my best to help.

Really I just want to learn more about trucks in general, and I would like to I guess make my truck "look Good" and I ono, just do some cool stuff with it lol. So any help/ suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
DeXtreme on 20/22's
4,494 Posts
welcome to the world of s-series's. well first off its 4 wheel drive so it has to be put in the air. i think a nice 3 inch suspension lift with some 33's and a nice stereo would set u off right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first I didn't want a lift, but eh it sounds pretty good actually....Here let me get some pictures up if you would like them. Any other suggestions? Thanks man!

·
Draggin a Ranger now
464 Posts
Trade it in on a 2wd unless you absolutely have to have a 4wd, then bag that bitch! j/k It's your truck bro, just look around, if you see something you like, don't be afraid to ask how to do it, or to just try it yourself. My buddy Dave has a Blazer with like 7 inches of lift on 35's that looks sweet.

-Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here it is. And I really don't want to trade my truck in, I really do like it.

So any suggestions? Thanks all of you!

·
Draggin a Ranger now
464 Posts
I was just kidding about trading the truck in bro! First off, I'd ditch that nasty tailpipe, then I'd paint the front bumper, of put a chrome 98 or up front bumper on there. Besides that, the sky's the limit!

-Mike

·
murse
13,200 Posts
welcome to the truck world man! do wutever you think is cool to your truck. but personally i also think a 3 inch lift would be sweet as shit with some 35's. your truck is sic as shit like it is too man. i looooove zr2's. have fun rippin your truck to shreds!!lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Alright, well any recommendations on a Tailpipe and as to where I could get one? Such as a good online store or what not? Any recommendations on a bumper as well?

Should I raise this? I'll take any other suggestions!

Thanks S10, I like how you all are so welcoming here, me being so new to this and all :p

How much do you think a lift would cost? lol im new to all the prices XD

·
murse
13,200 Posts
hit up www.summitracing.com
also try wwwstylinconcepts.com
www.jegs.com for the tail pipe is where i would start.
these are just a few sites that i think will really help you out.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
i'm sure 35s will cost a bundle lol. i like turndowns better in my opinion. there is no performance increase in any exhaust i'm telling you that right now.

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
its a zr2. itd be a sin to do anything but lift it. so i say jack that thing way the **** up.

by the way welcome to the site man. lots of info on here for ya so eat it up! check out the "liftin it" section. theres a lot more info in there about lifting your truck and what size tires will fit after a lift.

·
Huh?
1,169 Posts
That doesn't look too bad as it is actually. Peeling off those ZR2 decals and the s-10 badges would help clean up the look alot and you can do that for free. Color matching parts will make a big difference as well but since you have alot of factory plastic, I would at least paint the handles. Replacing that rear bumper witha 98+ wouldn't hurt either. Use this forum for information but ultimately do what YOU want to do.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i agree ^ take off all the decals and emblems, get a 3 inch lift if you want get some wider tires or w/e you want to do

·
murse
13,200 Posts
prices for a lift are gonna vary greatly just like anything else. depends on a number of things like the company, quality, amount of lift, equipment, etc. shit like that. just spend ALOT of time reading and saving money.

·
HARÍA PIS EN SU EXTREMO
6,543 Posts
or you can just hack off about three inches of that tail pipe so it doesn't stick down as far. Just as long as the exhast isn't hitting the paint at all.

Welcome to the forum. I'd love to have a ZR2 as my winter vehical.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts