S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas? As u all can see, im new here and to the mini/sport truck scene. Ive gotta 96 Sonoma Ext. Cab and am just starting to mod it, im gettin it bagged in July and just put a starter system inside. Now, as for the usual beginer ?'s...... 1. I would like to put a 98+ Sonoma, or maybe even an envoy front bumper on my truck, is either of them easier to put on????And what all is needed to do so? I was thinkin the mounts are the same, not sure though... 2. I live around a bunch of sport compact enthusiests** and have grown to like the DTM style muffler....whatchall think bout that?? Think it would look/sound nice or trashy?? and i guess my last Q. is , why does my 2.2 sound like a rattle trap???? People say its normal.....Cant wait to be responded to or flamed(if called for). Later

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't know about the other stuff, but I REALLY wouldn't put a DTM muffler on there (not sure of the exact model, but the ones I saw are ricey). I think it would look really bad on a truck. The problem I have seen w/ putting a rice muffler on is that the tips are attached to the muffler and to get the tips to stick out the back (under the bumper), you have to mount the muffler too low and looks terrible.

On a rice-mobile, you can mount it right behind and flush w/ the bumper so it doesn't look bad, but w/ the truck and especially if you are going to bag it (will drag), it would be terrible unless you made some custom thing that came through the bumper.

It will also sound really bad (high pitched)and probably run crappy w/ it too (too much loss of back pressure for a 2.2).

If I were you, I would get a good muffler and if you want better looking exhaust, have some slash cut dual tips coming out the back... something that looks kind of like this... http://www.s10forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=75559 , or what I'm doing is just making the exhaust sound better, but leaving the stock piping so I don't lose too much backpressure, and keep a stock exhaust look.

DogP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts