S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys newbie here. just bought a 99 xtreme with 100k miles. has the "ss" bumper on the front and a roll pan on the back and is missing the side skirts. it has the 2.2 and a 5 speed reg cab short bed. is there any way to identify if this is truly the xtreme or if its a fake? it sits really low. pretty sure its been lowered a couple inches. ill post pics tomorrow. i have the vin if it helps
1gccs1444x8203432 any help would be appreciated also if anyones got 2 side skirts and a front bumper let me know i would like to trade or sell the ss bumper.

·
Compliance!
5,151 Posts
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

according to this decoder it says you have a legit x my friend:

"RPO CODE V4A: Performance Chevy Xtreme Pkg"

however if your missing the side skirts and only have the front valence of the ss then the previous owner must have removed them, cuz they come stock on x's

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
you would also have holes in the body where the kit was unless they were welded up and the trk repainted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the late reply, yes it is missing the side skirts and yes they were removed i guess the previous owner couldnt drive and messed up both door skirts and then decided to remove all of them???? not sure why. and threw them away.. costly mistake :( so now im looking for some cheap skirts. and yes the holes are there ready for me to mount new skirts. just have to find some

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome. There is a wealth of knowledge here if you look for it! Enjoy your time here!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks, its my first s10 so im tryin to do everything right and keep it nice and clean. anyone know about the fuel gauges in these? its a 99 2.2 liter non flex fuel. the fuel gauge is acting up. i even changed clusters and it still acts up. it shows 1/4 tank when i know there is less than 1/4 in it, and it will go up to like half or 3/4 randomly and then back down to 1/4. sending unit problem or did i get a bad cluster? truck only has 117k on it

·
Registered
935 Posts
Are there holes drilled in the body? I can't see any but it could be the pictures are just too small. That's a pretty clean one anyhow. The gas gauge's are not at all accurate on these trucks, you probably need a new sending unit. Go to the top of the page and type gas gauge into the search bar and you will find all kinds of stuff about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya there are holes in the bottom of the panels (for the xtreme kit) the guy said he drove into a ditch last winter and ripped the skirts off and thats why it has the ss front bumper. not sure why he didnt keep the skirts and have them repaired. but oh well. oh and i think you can click on the image to make it bigger. sorry not sure why it posted so small.

·
Registered
935 Posts
My bad I forgot you already had said it had the holes, realized this while scrolling down to your post.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
If anybody needs xtreme part I have them. Here's the list & prices, plus shipping cost. They are brand new, do have some scractches from sitting around, but are brand new.

Front passanger wheel flare $75
Reg cab rocker skirts $20 each
Ex-cab rocker skirts $65 each
Front bed skirts $60 each
Rear passanger skirt fleetside $60
Rear wheel flare fleetside $20 each
Rocker brackets $20 each
fog lights set $75
Head lights switch w/fog button $15

Just PM me if you need them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sold the truck. it turned out to be a pos. bought a 03 Tiburon GTV6 with a 6 speed. probably the fastest v6 i have ever driven lol. nice car though. sorry got tired of all the bullshit on this forum so i havent logged on in a long time. but either way sold the truck and bought a car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts