S-10 Forum banner

New to Minnesota.. lookin for people with a common interest.

7K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  lonoma 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone, I'm Chris.

Moved from California about a year and a half ago..
I used to chill with Negative Camber when I was out
there but never did anything special to my truck..

I saw LoWToY's truck at carcraft and recognized it online.. he said I should check out Nasty Lowz..
I have a 2002 Tacoma, static dropped at 2/3 but going lower (can't afford all at once)
So far I figured out that the clasic Chevy cars are dam close to my trucks suspension geometry setup, so I'm sitting on QA1 adjustable coilovers ment for a 67-69 Camaro with a 8" free legnth spring and a 565 rate..
out back I'm lowered 3" by using leaf springs from a Tacoma 4x4 becayse those sit below the axle where the regular 2wd's sit above.. less arch in em. :D

I'm planning on going lower when I forward 4 link the rear end on coilovers..
so after the 4 link, I'll sit it at 3/4, if I find a winter beater to retire my truck in the winter months, I'll go 4/5 and be happy with that..

I still plan on using it as an all around pickup, so I've got some slam air bags I plan on using in the rear to use when hauling when the time comes..

I thought I'd come to the dime forum to hitup the club pages to see if there was anything going on out here.. I'm in Brooklyn Park just off 610..

heres some pictures of my truck..

See less See more
#2 ·
Sick truck man welcome to minneSNOWta! We have a member that lives in brooklyne center with a bagged ranger he stockflooring it right now. If you ever wanna chill and get to know us your more then welcome to just hit us up on here were always down to work on truck and shoot the shit man.

#3 ·
Sick truck man welcome to minneSNOWta! We have a member that lives in brooklyne center with a bagged ranger he stockflooring it right now. If you ever wanna chill and get to know us your more then welcome to just hit us up on here were always down to work on truck and shoot the shit man.

#8 ·
Whud Up Dude! Welcome to the forum. That truck is sick, do you plan on auto crossing it? Thats one of the goals 4 mine, what did you use for sway bars? espescially on the rear? Im one of the few bagged trucks that is sittin on 4 shocks and soon to be sway bars! If you know some shit about suspension setup lemme pick your brain, i have a bunch of ideas but not 100% sure they are correct! haha

Nice to see another Yota!!

#10 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.. :D

I really don't have any direction I'm heading towards with my truck,
but I've always liked making things handle..

here are some pictures of my suspension setup..
I modded my lca's by cutting off the stock spring perches to make way for my coilover setup..

a little strengthening plate I had a buddy make for me..

epoxy appliance black paint.. :D

I didn't wait for the paint to fully dry.. lol

I flipped the balljoints and dialed the coils down just to check it out..
**** yeaaaaaaaaaaah :eek:

I was going to tweak my tow some for a ride around the block
to see how it felt, the dam ramp slid out from under it.. FML :rant:

So I unflipped the ball joints and put it at about the same ride
height it was before the coilover conversion as it sits now...

Get the GLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

I repaired it and it was all good, the valance is now trashed because I was parked on the street across from my girls place and the neighbor plowed out a path to his walkway and some of the snow built up on the side I repaired..

snow froze, went to leave the following morning, couldn't get it to roll forward, so I backed up and CRACK.. so not its rolling shitty till spring..

I need a winter beater, that way I can slam it and keep it in any kind of good condition..
I'll be buying another sortafit valance sometime this week..
Anyone have a hookup on painting a valance?

rear suspension..

Hellwig swaybar with custom offset frame brackets my buddy Brian made for me with my measurements.. I'm also running air shocks for the time being.

reason for the offset brackets were so I could run these airshocks, they were a much fatter dia so I needed to clear the shock..

the brackets are so overkill that I can support the weight of the truck on them.. :D

This is ok for now, but the rear end rides so loose because I'm 3" lower in the rear and there isn't much of a sweet spot for these air shocks..

In the next few weeks, I'll install my slam air helper bag setup and toxic shocks. that will tide me over till I 4 link the rear end.

The stock Hellwig crap had a frame pinching setup and what happens with that is that it'll fatigue the frame and cause it to tear, these Tacoma trucks don't have a fully boxed in frame like the 1995 and older trucks..

Here was my last project trucklet, name that vehicle.. :D

I lived in Modesto CA and hung out with a few guys from NC..
Billy, Tito, crash, Daniel..

I hung out with them at a few shows, but I wasn't in NC, I met them through friends of friends..
cool ass people.. Daniel is sort of a cocky prick tho ;)

Does Nasty Lowz have a site? Are you guys a close nit family?
I'm always down to kick it and shoot the shit.. hell, I mite even learn something.. :D

#23 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.. :D

I really don't have any direction I'm heading towards with my truck,
but I've always liked making things handle..

here are some pictures of my suspension setup..
I modded my lca's by cutting off the stock spring perches to make way for my coilover setup..

a little strengthening plate I had a buddy make for me..

epoxy appliance black paint.. :D

I didn't wait for the paint to fully dry.. lol

I flipped the balljoints and dialed the coils down just to check it out..
**** yeaaaaaaaaaaah :eek:

I was going to tweak my tow some for a ride around the block
to see how it felt, the dam ramp slid out from under it.. FML :rant:

So I unflipped the ball joints and put it at about the same ride
height it was before the coilover conversion as it sits now...

Get the GLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

I repaired it and it was all good, the valance is now trashed because I was parked on the street across from my girls place and the neighbor plowed out a path to his walkway and some of the snow built up on the side I repaired..

snow froze, went to leave the following morning, couldn't get it to roll forward, so I backed up and CRACK.. so not its rolling shitty till spring..

I need a winter beater, that way I can slam it and keep it in any kind of good condition..
I'll be buying another sortafit valance sometime this week..
Anyone have a hookup on painting a valance?

rear suspension..

Hellwig swaybar with custom offset frame brackets my buddy Brian made for me with my measurements.. I'm also running air shocks for the time being.

reason for the offset brackets were so I could run these airshocks, they were a much fatter dia so I needed to clear the shock..

the brackets are so overkill that I can support the weight of the truck on them..
This is ok for now, but the rear end rides so loose because I'm 3" lower in the rear and there isn't much of a sweet spot for these air shocks..

In the next few weeks, I'll install my slam air helper bag setup and toxic shocks. that will tide me over till I 4 link the rear end.

The stock Hellwig crap had a frame pinching setup and what happens with that is that it'll fatigue the frame and cause it to tear, these Tacoma trucks don't have a fully boxed in frame like the 1995 and older trucks..

Here was my last project trucklet, name that veh
I lived in Modesto CA and hung out with a few guys from NC..
Billy, Tito, crash, Daniel..

I hung out with them at a few shows, but I wasn't in NC, I met them through friends of friends..
cool ass people.. Daniel is sort of a cocky prick tho ;)

Does Nasty Lowz have a site? Are you guys a close nit family?
I'm always down to kick it and shoot the shit.. hell, I mite even learn something.. :D
thats cool, did u know any of the modesto severed boys?

#13 ·
Damn dude shit looks nice, I do autobody for a living I might be able to hook you up! Let me know when you get it and we can maybe work something out.

#15 ·
some nice work on the truck, sorry to hear/see yoru bumper get tweaked, find some $500 beater and bag that thing, my opinion is you can get something on air to handle better then coil overs, just takes a little more work to figure it out!

#16 ·
you can get something on air to handle very good, but when you have 13" of travel.. it makes it really tricky. i don think you can get it to handle as well as a nice coil over setup.. im giving it my all! haha ill let you know, this year at car craft i am auto crossing my lowtoy. haha we will see how she goes!

#22 ·
coilovers are cool, but air is just so much more bad ass, ya get infinate adjustailty, do it right and ya have a frame for a parking break lol. that and its just kool when ya pull up to a gas pump and yoru truck goes pppppppsssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttt and you on the ground and people stare! haha

#26 ·
you got it..
with a turbo intercooled mpfi setup swapped in from a 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z

stock about 60whp
Daytona setup and then some estimated at about 220whp..
doesn't sound like much, but when its in a vehicle that weighs 2190 with driver and 1/2 tak of gas.. it moved decent... :eek:

#28 ·
I sold it..

I achieved all my goals with it and then some..
I got kicked out of Sacramento Raceway due to lack of safety equipment (cage) :D
I beat several AWD cars in their class in autox
I once cruised Mc Henry blvd in Modesto and caught a few street races a few times with the bed full above the roof with cardboard boxes that were empty with "books" written on them, a bicycle and a weed wacker hanging out of the bed, it looked completely sleeper and nobody saw it comming.. It was the most fun I could have had with it.. :D

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.