S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BLING BLING!
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided to go ahead and trade off the noma, i stripped her clean of any aftermarket mods, minus my grill and roll pan. and i'm tradind it for a 03 ext. cab extreme.here's my plans, i'm thinking 2 hifonics colossus on a atomic apocolypse X 15... my alternator, and going with mb quart for the mids highs and tweets. i looked at RE and iwasnt impressed with the numbers they are putting up . their top of the line didnt even compare to the atomic apocalypse. more less the X.tell me what u guys think.:shoot:

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
im VERY impressed with the numbers RE is showing, especially for the price. decibals isnt the whole thing...if you just want loud, yeah, but if you want clean bass too, you have to look at other things. did you look at the RE XXX sub? its pretty tough, in there with the MTX 9500 if im not mistaken.

·
BLING BLING!
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not saying re isnt a good sub, but i compete therefore i want LOUD. lol. they put up good numbers for the cost, but cost isnt an issue, its of course power and db's, i plan on gettin something smaller for riding around and cruising around, nothing big just a simple 3 10's or 2 12's something like that

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
oh ok...damn, then id go with the biggest, loudest beast you can afford. do you have a link for the subs?

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
u gotta keep in mind too that it's of course not just the sub..it's everything else, especially the enclosure...it's just as important as how good of a sub ur lookin at..

·
BLING BLING!
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know i just havent decided exactly how i'm goin to set this up yet. as for the link u can go to www.dbdrag.com and on the side there is a place full of links, or try www.atomicloudspeaker.com it never works for me though i always have to go through db drag.com. i'm pretty sure i'll have it all figured out, i mean i still gotta get the truck, thats my main concern right now then the system shalt sinkage into thy truck.as well as big bucks too. i'm debating on the 2 colossus on the sub or one cliff designs. cliff says they have a amp thats rated 45w @ 4ohm, and 3000w @ 1 ohm i dunno how sturdy it is or they are for that matter so i'm goin to wait to see how it does in my friends van before i make my decision.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The Atomic apx is a sick subwoofer, but I wouldnt say its better than an re xxx, dd9500 series, shocker, treo.....their all on the same playing field, its more install than equipment. If you not concerned about money, and you want a sub that plays loud and still sounds good, look into MTX 9500 series subs, or JL W7's. If your looking for an all out spl sub, I would go with any of the above subs and feed them as much power as you can buy. One thing though, Stock s10's are not the best for SPL when the windows are up.....I have an 03 xtreme extended cab, and have had about 9 different DB Drag street A systems, and let me tell you, its hard to hit above 150. When the windows are down though, watch out. My current system is a mtx 9500 10 off a viper 1200d, w/ mb quart comps up front off an mtx 202, and im very happy with it.

·
BLING BLING!
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wouldnt go with jl n e thing for spl,i'm stickin with atomic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts