S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gettin my truck dropped 3/4 2in spindles 1in springs and 4 in blocks. will i need to upgrade the sway bars??...and how long will the factory shocks hold up before i need to buy new ones??

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
If you want it to handle more like a ZQ8 then yes you need atleast a rear sway bar or updated/thicker front and rear. Its fine w/o them, the lower center of gravity helps handling a bunch but IMO there is a long way to go as far as handling especially w. leaf spring suspension on the rear w. a 4" block.. I used 3" blocks and removed a leaf, probably just as much wheel hop as a 4" block would be. I put stock (cheap) shocks on at the same time I did my drop. 2500-3000 miles later and I'm quite sure they are dead/riding like sh!t. Actually seaching for new quality shocks as I type this and I cant wait to get them on there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i should be fine with the sway bar and shocks i have now?

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
No probs at all, just doesnt handle as well as a ZQ8 because were missing the rear sway bar and the front sway on the ZQ8's is thicker, the ZQ8's come with performance shocks.. but.. . Lower center of gravity 3 or 4 from stock height and decent or new shocks does alot for the handling. I replaced my shocks w/ cheapos and they are pretty much dead after 3000 miles w/ a 3/4 drop. Just ordered some toxic shocks, probably order some new poly bushings to get rid of some slop while I'm at it. Just lower it, get it aligned, and see what you think. Nothing wrong with just lowering it and then adding better sway bars, shocks etc later on when you have the dough.. I do suggest replacing your shocks if they are dead though, but I can identify wth not spending $160 on a set of shocks when you just spent $200 or so on lowering parts. Just buy a stock set if yours are spent and then upgrade when it starts to feel sh!tty...

Good Luck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thats what i wanted to hear...i aprreciate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts