S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I have a Civic now
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok put in the 4inch blocks yesterday and found out that i had only a 5inch drop before in the rear, so now i have a 7inch drop, the axle is sittin on the bumpstops that i have connected to the frame, c-notch time, noticed the lack of wheelwell gap in the back now, no more rake!

Nathan:thumbup:
 

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
lookin good man.....just get that other door shaved and get em painted then you'll be set
 

·
I have a Civic now
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soon....

sweetbutxtreme said:
lookin good man.....just get that other door shaved and get em painted then you'll be set
Actually i was thinkin about saving some money and doing a checkerboard pattern all the way down my truck, lol, thanks for the comment.

Nathan:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
ahhhhhhhhh

WATCHHHHHHH OUT

the brake line in back can hit the evap tank and splt the line and no brakesssssss.

just bend the brake line back a little the part that goes under the evap tank. hey what size tires do you have on there.

ps- the exteneded cabs sit down 1/2 inch more than the single cabs because of the weight.

oh yah toxic or doetsch tech shocks you need tehm
 

·
I have a Civic now
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Size

98 SS ON NOS said:
ahhhhhhhhh

WATCHHHHHHH OUT

the brake line in back can hit the evap tank and splt the line and no brakesssssss.

just bend the brake line back a little the part that goes under the evap tank. hey what size tires do you have on there.

ps- the exteneded cabs sit down 1/2 inch more than the single cabs because of the weight.

oh yah toxic or doetsch tech shocks you need tehm
Yea i bent the big line back out and over the rearend gears and the smaller one i tried to bend back some too, im runnin 235/40/17 in front and 255/40/17 in back.

Nathan
 

·
amatuer porn star
Joined
·
614 Posts
are those 4" blocks angled?
and where did you get them,also do you have any drive line vibration,or is your drivline straight?
 

·
I have a Civic now
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blocks

FLOWMINI98 said:
are those 4" blocks angled?
and where did you get them,also do you have any drive line vibration,or is your drivline straight?
I ordered them from Summit, they are angled, you also need the plate kit for your truck, number is like 1023-BP, i had real bad driveshaft noise on the interstate before but now it is gone since i put these in! Oh yea 98SSONNOS, those are belltech Nitro Actives, that **** on the side it lithium grease that sprayed on the bushings, kinda looks like they busted, but they're ok.

Nathan
 

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
Joined
·
265 Posts
So I own a 2001 ext S10
and wanting to lower it but need some help on how much i should lower if i have the lowered stock suspension
 

·
I have a Civic now
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ZQ8 + drop

Brayden said:
So I own a 2001 ext S10
and wanting to lower it but need some help on how much i should lower if i have the lowered stock suspension
Im not real familiar with the ZQ8 suspension but you should be about 1.5-2inches lower all around, so some 2inch dropped spindles and 3inch blocks would put you close to a 4/5 drop. Just really depends on how low you want it.

Nathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
Joined
·
3,401 Posts
Heres mine (Photoshopped into a familiar background) :) thats 3/4 or 2/3 on top of a ZQ8. If I'd deal with the lean, the rear right wouldnt be quite so high. :bash: I put some toxic shocks (syndrome) on my truck 10,000,000 times better. I recommend good shocks too anyone who thinks their truck is driving kinda crummy. Just replacing the rears makes a huge difference. I suggest spindles springs... leafs and/or blocks on the rear. IMO shocks are very important as far as traction when using blocks. The reason why I was getting tons of wheel hop was that my stock shocks were shot and couldnt take it anymore.

sorry about the file size. :eek:
 

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
Joined
·
3,401 Posts
Its Photoshopped into the Yosemite Microcrap background.. The truck however is not Photodropped. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top