S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1998 Sonoma with a 2.2 it has 267,000 miles on the engine and still runs great. Im loving the gas mileage.
But it still wont replace my 1992 Blazer with a 383 stroker with TPI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope it is a 350 out of a late model TBI truck

·
drugz kil brane selz
8,444 Posts
meh......itll move but its not what i expected.......i dunno if the late modle TBI 350's r just a bored out version of the ol LO3 (5.0) or what, but if is based on the ol LO3 then.......meh.........but still :02redxbla

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey abrown, that pic is of a 2200 engine, not a 2.2 - that isn't a 94 engine in that pic.

As far as the guys new truck with 267,000 miles.. that is a LOT of driving. The drivers seat can't be too comfortable now, or is at least worn badly! I could only imagine what a 2.2 with 267,000 miles sounds like! <shudder>

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
berettav6 said:
Hey abrown, that pic is of a 2200 engine, not a 2.2 - that isn't a 94 engine in that pic.

As far as the guys new truck with 267,000 miles.. that is a LOT of driving. The drivers seat can't be too comfortable now, or is at least worn badly! I could only imagine what a 2.2 with 267,000 miles sounds like! <shudder>
a 2200 is a 2.2

·
Old School Member
12,166 Posts
Markgyver said:
I just bought a 1998 Sonoma with a 2.2 it has 267,000 miles on the engine and still runs great. Im loving the gas mileage.
But it still wont replace my 1992 Blazer with a 383 stroker with TPI.
WOW thats a lot of miles for a 98 model... but sounds like a good find i guess :thumbup:
i wish i could find one like that so i coudl get it cheap then use it for a project :hitit: :sawzall:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
2200= 98 + model 2.2's

2.2= 94-97 model 2.2's

Its an distinguishment....lets get this going.

Caleb

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah... I wish people would differentiate between the two. A 2.2 is NOT a 2200. Yes, it's the same basic engine, definitely the same block, but that's about it. There are a TON of differences between the two engines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
quick question for you.....

What size motor is the 2200? Enough said, I posted it to see if anyone wanted to buy it, not to debate the name of a motor.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
I hope i get that kind of luck out of my 2.2, it just turned 74000 miles and you can already here the chatter!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey abrown, don't be a retard! It's important to distinguish because if you KNEW anything about your engine, you would know there are differences between a 2200 and a 2.2. Displacement is irrelevant. If you have a 2.2 and someone has a 98+ truck with a 2200, your engine is NOT ready to just "drop in and go" -- you could make it work but there are sensor changes, injector changes, wire harness, cooling system, etc all sorts of differences. So why don't you read up before assuming. If someone I knew had a 94+ Beretta with a blown 3100 SFI engine, I can't just tell him "Oh, lemme sell you a 3.1 engine from a 93. Same shit, same displacement." That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard from anyone. (well, dumbest thing besides 04 Ford F-150 being truck of the year)

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I concur.....and thats a common misconception, look below at one of the threads about a "friends" blowing his 96-97 2.2 motor and buying a 98 2200 and a mechanic saying it wouldn't work....crazy shit huh?

Caleb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey berettav6,

Go **** :madfinger yourself...... I don't know why I posted it on here anyway. You guys are into just bitching and trying to prove something. Take summerwolfs comment of
Its an distinguishment....lets get this going.
Just like a little kid.
Summerwolf and yourself were the only ones who thought they were cool by making some kind of deal of it.

I guess what I should have done is posted it like this.....

1998 chevy s S10 pickup 2200 series 2.2 motor for sale.
My vin number is blah blah blah......
the truck is white ( not that it matters)
its 2wheel drive ( not that it matters)
it has four wheels ( not that it matters )

Doesn't matter, your not interested in buying it, your interested in what the ****ing thing is called. I put a link to a picture so everyone could see what motor it was.

Moderator, please remove my account.... your forum is full of little bitch's. Nice aviator summerwolf... it says a lot about you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts