S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
So, I think you need to clarify things a bit...

You mention a Citation 2.8, but then you're talking about Camaro 3.4...

So what do you have?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Ok, that's clearer now.

You should be able to use your old front cover and oil pan. The front cover will fit, it's the oil pan that might be a bit of a question due to the bolt pattern changing on certain 60 degree V6s. Being that both are gen 1 60 degree v6s, they should use the same bolt pattern, however, I know that the gen 2 FWD 60 degree V6s use a different oil pan bolt pattern, and gen 3 is different yet again. The early front covers have an angled flange to mate with the oil pan and this was used up to 1985, after which it was changed to a half moon shape. So if anything you might need to find a 1982 to 1985 RWD oil pan to retain your existing front cover. I know the RWD pans all interchange between 1982 and 1994.

Another option is to swap to a newer accessory setup using the later RWD oil pan (provided there is clearance for the pan, since they are likely a (slightly) different shape than what you have now. You can swap to the serpentine setup using the later front cover, water pump, brackets, etc. You might even want to look into the later FWD setup that is pretty compact, this later FWD setup will require a later oil pan, due to the aforementioned difference in oil pan to f

A couple otherconsiderations that will be more difficult to

Reactions: TBS99
1 - 2 of 2 Posts