S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i put some new autolite double platinums in my 89 s10 4wd and now its got a little rough idle. gapped them to .035 and everything. just doesnt make any sense?

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
put ac delco in them

not autolite.......

wow..

cr43ts if its 4.3L

i would gap to 40 or 45 if it were mine

for a little bigger better spark

make sure it is blue or white spark

orange would be not good, weak, bad

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
unless u got a modded engine u go ac delco,the 4.3 are picky about the spark plugs

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well dam... it had delcos in it already but they were burnt to shit from my seafoam adventures lol.. anyway i could make these things work? after i get my financial aid refund check i will be purchasing all new ignition parts (for my education of course :cool:) such as coil, and wires. thinking about just getting the D.U.I kit actually. Im just trying to spruce up the engine a bit mainly so its better on gas while having a little more power. Any ideas?

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, if its any constellation, for some reason my voltage meter was reading a little on the low side after i installed these new plugs. But that being a cause and effect kinda thing is beyond me..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i know all bout financial aid dude. its a PITA but the refund check is pretty nice

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know all bout financial aid dude. its a PITA but the refund check is pretty nice

Oh I hear ya man. So stoked about it. Should be getting 1800 bux. Most of which will be going towards my beloved s10. Any ideas how I could make these plugs work though? Like I said I will be changing the ignition system but idk if that will be enough to make these plugs worth my while.

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Why spend money to make them work?

Spend 12 bucks and install a basic set of Delcos that do work:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to do a tune up the other week and I had the same problem you might want to double check your firing order. I was absolutely positive then went back and two were not in the right order. After that got fixed it worked all fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to do a tune up the other week and I had the same problem you might want to double check your firing order. I was absolutely positive they went back correctly, Later I found out two were not in the right order. After that got fixed it worked all fine.

·
Posting From My iPhone 4
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your talking about the plug wire order I didn't them one by one so I know it's not screwed up. It seems to be idling fine now. Need to take it out for a spin when I get back to the crib. Got a new thrush welded that I need to put on sometime this weekend. Another couple hundred miles I'm going to change the oil with a k&n filter and some Penn ultra. Will be replacing one of the quarts with some marvel mystery oil. Also going to change one of the VC gaskets cuz it's leaking a bit. Maybe I'll scrap out some of the gunk that's all in there. I gapped all the plugs to .035 maybe I'll gap em to 45 and see if that makes any difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts