S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far I have painted the grill and the bowtie body color, installed ventshades, locakble tonneau cover, clear corners, Lots of stereo, and shaved the tailgate emblems.

In the next couple of month's I'm installing a step shaver roll pan.
So what do you think?

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody know how to make the picture show up directly on the post and not as a hyper link? Thank you

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
looks good. i especially like the grille. i'm gonna get mine painted along with some other stuff after i drop it next month.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
sweet ride......ya gonna paint the handles and mirrors anytime soon?...that would look great.....here are the pix

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks sweetbutxtreme!

Yeah i'm going to be getting Cal Vu mirrors next paycheck so that should look good, either that or paint the stockers?!?

I'm really saving most of my funds for step shavers!!!! I think they make the BIGGEST improvment on sport side S10's overall looks!

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
yeah....gotta love that shaved step.......hopefully i'll get my new mirrors soon, then get all the handles and mirrors painted....i should hav eit lowered within the next two weeks......i've just got so much i wanna do and so lil money.....it's hard as hell to save when yer in school and the rents won't let ya have a job

·
Registered
98 Posts
i like the grill, how did u go about painting it?? im looking to paint mine white

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
digbmx4130

Yes I do In fact ride BMX, mostly street with a little park. I ride a Macneil frame right now, well I will when the snow melts. I have been riding a couple years now. My friends ride S&M's, FBMS', Hoffmans, and there is one Dirt Bros. I'm also on bmxboard.com quite a bit.

Later :thumbup:

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Danthemanxx said:
i like the grill, how did u go about painting it?? im looking to paint mine white

Danthemanxx

I painted by myself. I got a body shop supply to mix some acrylic enamel paint to match my truck. I gave them the paint code from the glove box. To prep the grill I taped of the chrome bar and removed the corner lenses, then I sanded the finish with 1000 grit wet dry then 1500. I didn't use a plastic primer because acrylic enamel paint actually "eats" in to plastic, it will not come off because it bonds REALLY well. I used a paint gun and I sprayed about 10 light coats then 5 or 6 heavier coats, then let it dry for a day or so. Then a coat of wax to sine it up and it looks great for a do it yourself job. Thats about it

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No interior pics yet

yeah 96blazer here in Canada it is so cold that we turn the furnaces up so high that flames shoot out the chimmney! LOL!!!

I live in Saskatchewan and our license plates say "land of living skies". That must be one of those "living skies", I hate that slogan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts