S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice i love the tweed, so when ya gonna get rid of them there running boards! itll look so much better without them. i like the wheels too. very nice Zero:D

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know, i gotta get rid of the boards, and i am probably going to when i paint it this spring, but for now i will just drag them around with me, hey man whats up with s-seriesforum.com, i went to go check on them and, nothings thare anymore, do you know anything?, how did the system turn out also,

taylor
(like the new name ZEROpsi), :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
the new server they got didnt like the bandwidth we had used up, so were back to square one with that, im sure other than that ive only talked to a few people. and for the system i Blew that POS sub god nows how but im sending it back to them and i either want a decent amp or another 12" or 2 10"s, i was lookin on ebay and they had 2 10" Kicker Comp VR's for $53 i was like ***kin A i wish i wouldve found them b4, anyways, in themeantime check out s10planet.com thers a few of us over there, its small now so were trying to build it up.

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, i will be registered thare----as my good old self bagged10.........oh yea, told ya you should have gone with the premier nickel plated series, kickers kick ass tho also, :)

taylor

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
the funny thing is i was only giving it like 200 watts on one set of coils when i blew it. O well live and learn, i was gonna send it back anyways due o the fact that when i bought it, the dust cap was like half off, i super glued it back down and it stayed for like 2 days the came back off so it was gonna go back anyways, I myself am a fan of Kicker stuff my bro had 2 12" Impulses and overpowered them for like a year and always worked like new up until the day he sold them, anyways i would like to get an Alpine type R or an infinity perfect, but i think i would rather go with 2-3 10's and then build a custom fiberglass enc. for them and my amp.
cuz the 12 is way to big and eats up space. if you want to see some pics check out the webpage.

Click Here For The Pics

·
0 Posts
Yeah looks good with the new rims and you can see your tweed work now. How is that panel that you have the tweed on held up, is it those stupid tree pins or glued? I know you gotta take the handle off. I am gonna do the same thing soon but dont wanna break something pulling off the panel.

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rims are small 15's, i just wanted somethig to roll on for the rest of the summer, then i will save for 17or 18's this winter maybee, i didnt take anything off i just did it with teh pice on thare, just take the door halndle off and you are good to go.

any other questions and i will be glad to answer them.

taylor

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
what exaclty did you use to do the tweed, and where did you get the fabric from, did you just glue the tweed onto the plastic, or did you use some padding, what type of glue. Little details please i would love to do mine.

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey i will be willing to answer questions you want, just e-mail me, i used 1/4 inch closed cell foam for the patterns, i bought the tweed from our local jo-ann fabric as well as the foam, what i did around the patterns is lay a thin line of super glue so the patterns will allways bee shown, any thing else at all you want to know i will be happy to tell you.

drop me a line.

[email protected]

taylor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts