S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FI Enthusiest
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just got a vortec 6.0l from a truck with a 4l80e trans, what i need to know is what i will need to get it to work in my 01' extreme extended cab, i know motor mounts, new headers (custom of course... no one really makes bolt on ls1 swap headers, not in a long tube anyways) oil pan, rad, driveshaft, new fans, but what else? btw can anyone give me an estimate on the weight of my truck, im not sure how the weight is compared to the sticker with a gaylord tanneu

·
FI Enthusiest
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but can anyone give me an estimate on my weight?

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
Inverted_Angel said:
thanks, but can anyone give me an estimate on my weight?
Have fun fitting the 4L80E in the stock trans tunnel. You might be better off with a 4L65E. Same size as a 4L60E but its much stronger.

·
tastes like burning
763 Posts
yeah, i also hope you scored the pcm from the truck. most 4l60e/65e pcms won't run a 4l80e. and its a heavy bitch!!

·
FI Enthusiest
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, i bought the whole thing, the vehicle was wrecked in transit to the dealership, so its the WHOLE assembley, all computers accessories everything, and only 5 miles on the motor! so yea, but how much of a difference is the 4l80e in size? ill prolly be cutting the tunnel and having my guy fabricate a whole new tunnel from scratch

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
Inverted_Angel said:
lol, i bought the whole thing, the vehicle was wrecked in transit to the dealership, so its the WHOLE assembley, all computers accessories everything, and only 5 miles on the motor! so yea, but how much of a difference is the 4l80e in size? ill prolly be cutting the tunnel and having my guy fabricate a whole new tunnel from scratch
If you are just fabricating an all new trans tunnel, you won't have a problem. Twin turbo it while you are at it too. Or spray the shit out of it.

·
tastes like burning
763 Posts
werd. if you are willing to have the tunnel work done, you might as well dump that motor in as far back as you can stand. better weight distribution. hell, why not cut a hole in the dash for distributor clearance!!

·
FI Enthusiest
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow i dont know where your getting your numbers or measurements from, but the only difference in size is that the 4l80e is 1 inch wider

1 - 10 of 10 Posts