S-10 Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1630 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I’m Alex from Kansas

I have a 2000 s-10 Xtreme single cab with a 2.2-liter 4-cylinder engine. I have about 88,000 miles since I bought from my Grandma for $3,500.
The reason I came here was to ask for some help regarding some nonfunctional taillights. The break lights work just fine, and if I put the truck into reverse the taillights flick on, but every other time it’s dead.
I’ve checked the fuse box and nothing is wrong there.
Can y’all help me?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
Welcome..
You need to post this in the Electrical/Lighting section.

·
Registered
1991 Reg Cab ShortShort Bed
139 Posts
New S10 owner here. Picked up a '91 SWB yesterday. Big plans for a radical build.
I'm pleasantly surprised by how light it is. My first task was a trip to the truck scales to get a 'before weight'. 2560 lbs.
Wow, only about 300 lbs heavier than the Miata I just sold.

Here's a pic of the new victim.

Here is what I have to power it.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Slant 6?. Be sure to start a Members Project thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm Mike, and I have a 2000 Blazer zr2. Wrecked it this past Monday on my way to work. I hit two elk!!! Attaching a pic as well.

·
Registered
1995 S10 2.2 5 speed 4x2
3 Posts
Hey there! Just bought this old lady. She's a 4 banger, stick shift, no ac, no radio, basic as they get and it currently doesn't start (suspecting fuel pump).

I bought it as a cheap beater but will probably end up lifting it a bit, getting her a paint job and some nice wheels.

If anyone's in the CT area let me know and we can share some beers!
IMG-20200512-WA0019~2.jpeg

·
time to get cereal
3,542 Posts
Hey there! Just bought this old lady. She's a 4 banger, stick shift, no ac, no radio, basic as they get and it currently doesn't start (suspecting fuel pump).

I bought it as a cheap beater but will probably end up lifting it a bit, getting her a paint job and some nice wheels.

If anyone's in the CT area let me know and we can share some beers!
Nice, looks like a real radio delete truck. Does it have the delete plate and antenna hole plug still?

·
Registered
1995 S10 2.2 5 speed 4x2
3 Posts
Nice, looks like a real radio delete truck. Does it have the delete plate and antenna hole plug still?
It actually is and it has both the plate and the plug for the antenna hole. It's a one owner and surprisingly it still has all the manuals and booklets too so you can say that while neglected it's also quite unmolested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! Texan here.

I just recently was given an 89' S10 that needs work done on it,and I intent to do a majority of it myself. I am not a gearhead,or anything close to one,but I took on this project in order to learn more about vehicles. I am in over my head,but looking forward to the challenge of making this truck run again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
EDIT: Looks like I intro'd myself 2 years ago, and also a few years before that. Looks like my memory is swiss cheese.

Hey everyone, resident of Toronto, originally from Vancouver, Canada. I brought my 2.8L 5 spd 1991 s-15 (Sonoma) with me when I moved out 5 years ago. It's a family heirloom, so it's the one. I do a few things to it every year with the goal of keeping it classy/original but still a head turner. It's my daily driver, except for the 6 months of winter we get. My account tells me I joined in 2014, but I guess I've been busy as I think this is my first post... Looking forward to browsing through some info and getting stoked on other similar era trucks. Oh yeah, someone did me a sweet hit n run at my workshop recently, hence the police sticker on the bent bumper. I did eventually catch them, but I'm not happy about it. There's a bunch of front end work coming up in the next month. Hope everyone's well.
IMG_4796.jpeg

·
Registered
97 Posts
How do I post videos that are not uploaded to youtube? I have a few videos I would like to put up but don't want to commit to a youtube account.

·
Registered
2005 GMC Jimmy
2 Posts
hey everyone. Looking forward to all the tips and tricks that are posted here.

So...yeah I have a Navy Blue 2005 GMC Jimmy 4.3L ZR2 - now if I look up the VIN its recorde as an SLS. Also my JImmy (and it is branded as a jimmy) was made in New Jersey so technically it is a Blazer. Odometer is around 200Km +/- and I still love it with all the pain that it brings.

I also have a 90 somthing Chevy Blazer scrapper that I have been using for restore, but some parts are not in great shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

Joined because I like s10s and someday I hope to either do a conversion of one to electric, or my dream is to find a factory built '97-'98 chevy s-10 EV (they are so hard to find!)

Been on this site and there is a lot of useful information and friendly people, so I thought I would join as well!

- Tobes

1601 - 1620 of 1630 Posts