S-10 Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1630 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings! Owner of a tired 01
S10 4x4 here. She still runs but I’m having trouble and I’m at my wits end. I’m hoping to figure it out myself but no such luck so far. Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to S10forum!

Posting and starting thread will count towards your total post count (Listed under your avatar in your postings).

You may start a new thread on introduction. You can mention your Name or Nickname, vehicle, and any information you
care to share about yourself.

Any other question, you may post up here.

Original Members, please refrain from whore posting. Only to assist/guide/help the newcomers.
hi
Welcome to S10forum!

Posting and starting thread will count towards your total post count (Listed under your avatar in your postings).

You may start a new thread on introduction. You can mention your Name or Nickname, vehicle, and any information you
care to share about yourself.

Any other question, you may post up here.

Original Members, please refrain from whore posting. Only to assist/guide/help the newcomers.
Hi Everett here, I have owned a 92 GMC Sonoma 4x4 for about 20 year .I am replacing it with a 94 s10 ZR2 it's sweet just needs a motor.
I also own a 94 GMC Highrider that I doing a full restoration on.
Will post pictures of the Resto !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie to the website just saying hello

My daily driver is a '94 S-10 that was built in the Linden, NJ plant - less than 50 miles away from where it lives today. Originally built as an LS and slowly going through the process of turning into sort of a semi-Sonoma Stealthmobile ;-)

The truck was bought with 210,000 miles already on it and I've added another 55k myself with only the usual 25-year-old-vehicle issues. So far the basic powertrain (engine, trans, and rear) is holding up pretty well: no smoke, ominous noises, or expensive bad behavior - almost certainly due to previous owners who paid due attention to regular maintenance. Having apparently lived its entire life in the NorthEast, the winters have taken their toll on the bodywork but it's not too bad, considering....

Being a long-time Toyota guy in my younger days, changing over to an American vehicle has been a bit of an adjustment but nothing too taxing. FWIW I certainly like the GM engineering mindset a helluva lot better than Ford's. Having done a fair bit of work over the years on many different brands, and also personally owning two of Uncle Henry's products at various times, I now firmly declare "never again" to the Blue Oval. Just a (expletive deleted) nightmare to service in your driveway, as it seems that they want you to do everything working from the bottom up, as opposed to many other brands which are far better set up for a top-down approach - i.e. open hood, lean over fender, fix problem. The S-10 is definitely like that. A Ford Windstar is definitely not

Anyway, these days I've finally gotten into a Life situation where I can start to think about cool mods that fit my needs better than the stock approach. As always with my vehicles over the years, my priorities here are reliability first, bling last, and 'good idea in the long run' plus 'make vital maintenance easier' filling up the middle. It certainly doesn't hurt that the State of New Jersey recently decided that 1995 and older motor vehicles no longer need to be Inspected like their younger relatives. This opens up some interesting possibilities for mods and upgrades that somebody in, say, California could not even dream of.... ;-)

As soon as I get the pics sorted out, I'll probably post a thread about some recent work I did deleting the A/C system in favor of vastly better access to the right side of the engine.. Not exactly a 15-minute job, but one that later pays off in spades when changing spark plugs, among other things

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,225 Posts
If you go thru the wheel wells, changing plugs isn't a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you go thru the wheel wells, changing plugs isn't a problem.
True enough, and I've done it that way myself a few times. I simply don't like air conditioning in general - not in my home (although I've had to compromise with The Missus on that particular subject) and definitely not in any motor vehicle I maintain myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy, found this site while looking for S10 Drag truck pics. I have a 2003 Big tire full tube chassis std cab S10. Has an all alum 410 cu in SBC, PG, 4 link and a 9"...It's an old/new build that hasn't been to the track yet. Old/new build meaning... it was built years ago and parked and I going over the whole truck 1st.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm new as I've never posted, but this forum's info has been a great help in fixing and maintaining two trucks: 2003 s10 crew cab (that just got some some new shoes), and 1999 Sonoma ext cab ZQ8 4.3 5spd.
Screenshot_20191230-124428_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191230-124446_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191230-124456_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my hands on a 2000 s10 ls rwd with the v6. Planning on taking this guy across Canada to plant trees for the summer and live in it. Then I want to ls swap it and bag it lol

Here she is

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there im new to site in process of building drag s10 need help want to know whats good and bad currently try to get truck strip down 1990 single cab (PIC)LATER I was thinking about roll cage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I haven't been on any forums of any kind for awhile! I am not even generally a S10 enthusiast, I just happened to have a 98 ext cab 2.2 practically fall in my lap for $300, lol. Originally my plan was to fix the few things it needs and drive it as is, but then I ran across a wrecked 2000 silverado with an LR4 and a 4L60E. So far I have the engine and tranny, the ECM, the MAF sensor, all of the engine wiring harness up to and including the fuse box. Idk how long this project will take me but I am an auto tech with over 30 years experience working on just about everything and fabricating so I'm looking forward to the challenge! Hoping to build a fairly quick little pickup that still has decent street manners and to do it as low budget as possible. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,225 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Be sure to take a look thru the LSx Discussion section of the forum. There are a lot of stickies and other info that will make your build easier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, Chris from Virginia. I have a 1999 S10 3 door extended cab, 4x4, 4.3. She has over 300K miles and still runs pretty well. I traded my off road toy, ('92 Jeep Wrangler, lifted on 33's) for this truck as my needs have changed and I play much less these days at 51. This is gonna be a fix up the little things over time project that may include a small lift and tires and perhaps a nice sound system since I have plenty of room in the cab.

1581 - 1600 of 1630 Posts