S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi buddies, i'm a new member of this forum!!!!! Yeahhhh 馃馃馃馃 proudly owner of a 95 single cab S10, and i'm in love with it. Obviosly the truck is 25 years old and is a little bit damaged, but i don't care about that. So now, My question is, My truck is the cheapest model, no ac, no power Windows, no tach on dashboard......Can i use this parts to get My truck to My dream level?

96 S10 cluster with tachometer
99 S10 sidestep bed
99 S10 powered Doors with doorcards (Will keep my stock dash)
99 S10 a/c system or 97s10
99 S10 front clip (headlights, grille, bumper,)
Cylinder lock switch

Please im very new to the truck's/pickup Game so i need ur help on this....I promise I'll post pics.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, i have the way to get the parts, the q's that i have is if they are interchangeable, thanks

Registered
I think these will work for you:

99 S10 sidestep bed - Definitely a direct bolt in.
97 S10 a/c system - Underhood parts should be compatible with the 99, but the control head in the dash will need to come from the 97.
99 S10 front clip (headlights, grille, bumper,) - will need to swap the core support and do some adjustments with the bumper, but it has been done many times. Try searching around the forum for a how to.

The lock cylinder I believe is different.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I think these will work for you:

99 S10 sidestep bed - Definitely a direct bolt in.
97 S10 a/c system - Underhood parts should be compatible with the 99, but the control head in the dash will need to come from the 97.
99 S10 front clip (headlights, grille, bumper,) - will need to swap the core support and do some adjustments with the bumper, but it has been done many times. Try searching around the forum for a how to.

The lock cylinder I believe is different.
Thank u so much sir, already got 97 powered doors,with doorcards and regulators, 99 sidestep bed, 99 Xtreme rear bumper, 97 cylinder lock switch, but i tried a 97 cluster and didnt work, will try my best to get the hands on a 95, but u said 96 Will work? Need to be exactly from a 4 cylinders 2.2 or can ir be from a v6?

Registered
Cluster compatibility is a guess. Anything 95-97 will bolt in, but I don't know what will work or not.

I personally stay away from the 94-99 trucks if I can. The 00+ are pretty clear on compatibility, but GM was changing lots of stuff every year before that, particularly with the electrical and controls part of the trucks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
This was in monday of this week, yesterday i installed her xtreme side valences.... don't have pics of that yet...

Old Fart
It looks like you are making good progress. :)

Early Member
I think you might be better off, getting another truck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts