S-10 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I talked to Joey with 4wdfactory and he said that with 3” wagoneer lift springs there isn’t clearance issues. I’d like to avoid high steer if possible.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I talked to Joey with 4wdfactory and he said that with 3” wagoneer lift springs there isn’t clearance issues. I’d like to avoid high steer if possible.
Then I'd run the 3" waggy springs SUA and just run the factory waggy steering with an Astro steering box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That’s the plan at this point just to keep it simple, 33” are as big as I want to go right now.

·
Hardhead
835 Posts
"Come to think of it, if you were to use that, you may need to do some reading on the guys that did doublers, I don’t know if you will have to ground the wire that they have to. I don’t know what or where said wire is. "
I'm relatively sure that you only have a momentary ground for use with the automatics, it's for a signal that the transmission needs the line pressures increased. The standard transmission shouldn't have this since it's not controlled by the electrical system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I ended up picking up a 1990 Xj transfer case for 50 bucks so I’m going to swap the front output shaft. The Np231 came with a rear slip yoke eliminator so hopefully I can sell that off and get some cash to offset the t case purchase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Not sure the brand, but there are two reason not to run it. 1) it doesn’t have the same speedo pickup, 2) I’d need to have a different drive shaft made which is just another expense I don’t want to deal with. Maybe I’ll hang on to it just Incase I change my mind.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts