S-10 Forum banner

What's his name?

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sold :'(
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dog (4-year-old Miniature Pinscher) loves to play with cats. She had one to play with when we lived with the Mother-in-law, but that was almost a year ago. She only sees "her cat" when we bring her to visit. So, we decided to get her a pet this weekend and came home with a 2-month-old tabby we adopted from Cat Haven. A car/mechanical name is a must, and we've exhausted some of the cooler names on past cats- Chevelle (my personal favorite 'cuz I love the band), Nova, Pinto, Galaxie, etc. We've narrowed it down to 3 that we like- Ratchet, Axle, and Paxton (after the supercharger), but we're still open to suggestions. It's late and I don't feel like posting a pic from my phone, but this is pretty much a spitting image of what we're working with, except ours has more defined lines on his sides:

·
Diesel Tech
1,348 Posts
I had a cat named Ratchet, used to ride around in the 96 Blazer, and the Noma with me, right on the dash board

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,033 Posts
looks like a kitty i'd name Borla if i had to give it an automotive name lol

my mom has 2 that look like that, toby and nella, i think, something like that

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ballzac

·
Sold :'(
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for everyone's input (except for the "shaniqua" and "ballzac" ones:rolleyes:). Mo, he's a dude. "Gizmo" is the name of my friend's dog, so we couldn't do that one. I didn't think "Ratchet" would've been done, but great minds think alike. We thought of "Lugnut", but "Nut" would have to be the nickname, and that doesn't appeal to us. Personally, I didn't care one way or the other out of the 3 we narrowed it down to. So, I left it up to the neighbors (who all were over here tonight for dinner). The guys were like me, and the women leaned more toward "Axle", so that's the final verdict.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
s10xtremist
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing