S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard many opinions on intake for the 4.3 lately and right now i have a $35 one off ebay that replaces only the stock airbox. i put a heatshield on it and it seems to work very well and i noticed quite a increase. i was talking to one of my buddies the other day that also has a 4.3 and does a bit if custom mods himself and he mentioned to me that the hose from the intake cap to the MAF restricts quite a bit and that is the only reason u guys see more of a gain when u go to a $250 fipk/volant. if i had the money i would buy a aem because they seem to have there shit stright on r/d and from what i've heard they create alot more power then then other 2. i was searching on ebay and came across this intake for $50. it replaces everything the more expensive intakes do and it's $200 less. i think i am going to switch to this intake and find out if there is any truth to that hose being more restrictive. i figure if i use my current heat shield set up, and buy the $10 heat shield also from autozone that should block any heat from getting in the intake. i think this is alot better option then using pvc from homedepot. plus it looks alot cooler and it'll sound better. i am planning on ordering up one tonight and when i recieve it i will give u guys a review on how it performed over my previous intake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=38634&item=2445229027#ebayphotohosting

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
Well I just bought it so better luck next time.

j/p, deffinately post up how it does, I'm sure alot of us would apprecaiate the info :thumbup:

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
Yip, and a helluva a lot less than the name brands.

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
96blazer said:
That intake is for manuel transmissions only.
Your sig say you got an auto.
What makes you think this works on a manual only? I can't see two different intake systems b/c of different transmissions.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Should work perfectly, but yeah it's only or manual transmissions! I can't see how the AEM intake would make any more power than the k&n or volant, they all have the same design, volant has a different heatshield, but other than that they all replace the entire intake tract with very similar paths, all should net the same hp gains IMO.

·
32,797 Posts
BlazerFRS said:
What makes you think this works on a manual only? I can't see two different intake systems b/c of different transmissions.
Because in the 3rd line of the description it says:

Manual Transmission Only
Now, usually when a manufacture lists something like that in the description, there must be a reason for it. Contact them and ask why?

·
Registered
911 Posts
wierd, but im looking into cheap intakes as well, keep us posted , thanks mike

·
Registered
563 Posts
i thought the volant only was from the maf forward. am i wrong?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
there isn't a difference with manual or auto.....they have the same space and same intake from the factory....

Caleb

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats what i thoght, i cant see how it would be any different.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Yup no difference, I was being sarcastic about it in the last post. LOL, maybe they have a special intake kit that routes down near the transmission, the 4L60 pan gets in the way of it I guess?!?!

·
killin em softly
377 Posts
I just put a post up about this about a week or so ago. I saw the same thing on Ebay and am planning on buying one or making one within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking it will work just fine but we'll see. I will let you all know how it goes whenever I get it. Later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts