S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, My Names Rob I'm in Southern Ontario Canada.

Just picked up an 88 S-10 2wd 2.5 5 speed Short Box for $100 Canadian (This is the truck I've wanted almost my whole driving life). The rotors were shot it needed new tires new shocks the box was almost completely bondo, the catalytic converter was rotten and the rear body mounts are gone.

I managed to scrounge an 85 S-15 extended cab (frame bent engine blown) for another $100. I salvaged rotors, calipers, rims, 4 new michelins, the box, complete exhaust and fiberglass cap off the S-15 and bought new Monroe shocks.

Between the two I've pieced together a VERY nearly complete truck. My problem is body mounts. It won't pass a safety without them, whats the easiest/cheapest (if necessary sneakiest) way to repair the body mounts?

Thanks in advance this forum rocks!

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
i guess i would recomend taking off whats left of the bad ones and bending up a set of your own mounts and welding them on, shouldnt cost more then a few bucks unless you have to pay someone to weld it or do it all

welcome to the forum

·
The Visionary
680 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice to see some international members around here. I recommend use of the search engine for this site, helps me out a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts