S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was searching around and happened across this site. Personally I don't have a s-10 but my younger brother does and I have had a lot of hands on with his truck. Something I thought would be of interest to all you fellow is it has a BB in it. It is a 83 s-10 blazer 468 10.5:1 compression and a lopey lunati cam, turbo 350 shift kit, original rear for now or at least until it goes out, through straight 3 inch exhaust well until he puts a muffler on it the police seem to think he needs one. The engine dynoed at 470hp and 517 torque at the crank it has not been to the track yet but it will. The peak hp is reached at 5500 rpm and this thing revs quick. He had a stock 454 in it, well it had a edelbrock intake with a holley carb but for all practical purposes it was stock, and it run a best of 12.9 not bad for all stock and it made a fellow with a blown 5.0 and a few guys with 90's camaros scratch their heads. Can't even imagine what this thing will do since it has been built. Just thought I would add this though someone might have questions and or interest. Thank you for your time

Bet I could answer some questions right off the bat, no the firewall is not been cut , stock exhaust manifolds, electric fans w/t becool radiator, motor mounts are welded in. If anyone has questions just ask cause I am sure I will be asking a lot. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I would add if someone would like to see pictures, let me know the easiest way to add to post and I will. As I am not very knowledgable of the computer just yet. I think my bro has them as a screen saver so I should be able to post them if someone would like to see them. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey sounds very interesting can we see some engine shots?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if someone or yourself could direct me to the easiest route of doing this it would be no problem at all. I could maybe show pics of the engine out and being put in, and the final setup. Just let me know how to post pics and it will be done or at least attempted. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
BB S10

Sounds like a great ride. Did he have to relocate his steering arm for this swap?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. It is close though real close, enough room to function well though.

I did not do the initial setup yet I did replace the old motor and trans along with my bro. I spent a lot of time cleaning up the engine compartment and trying to examine what had been done. My conclusion is that whoever did it bolted the trans to the engine then hooked the trans to crossmember then lined up mounts where they looked good and were at a good angle then welded them in. If you look under a stock 83 they are identical so in my opinion it would take time but is a pretty straight forward install. With the stock motor and stock radiator it would stay cool and stock trans would run 12.9-13.1 in the 1/4 with the stock rear and still get him to school work everyday for 2 1/2 years. I would recommend this to everyone doing an install. I know this is more than you wanted to know but I enjoy talking about it since I had a huge part in installing the current setup. The dependability caught up with him though one day when a valve dropped down, that piston looked like shattered glass. Cannot wait to see what that 470hp motor is gonna do. If you have anymore question I would be happy to answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts