S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I found these performance heads they sell for the 2.2 Cavelier and it fits on our truck, cuz it is the same engine, my question is i want to know how much of a horsepower gain it is. It is ported and polished, equiped with stainless steel valves, and is milled down for optimum compression. I remember people from other s-series forums saying they had their head ported and polished, and i was wondering what the outcome of that was for their trucks. I thought i remembered them saying it was a fairly large horsepower gain. Any input from them would be great.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how did he come up with that figure??? and that would be awesome if it really was that much of a gain, plus at the same time i would install the roller rockers and the cam so i wouldnt have to have it apart more than once. And also, you installed the TB spacer?? Where should i get that from (price?) and truthfully, is it a good power gain???

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Get the tb spacer from Godfathers
www.godfathercustoms.com

and yes it is worth it. I felt a very significant high end gain

As for heads...I wouldnt mind doing that too. Where are you getting yours at?

·
Med School member
179 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man I forgot, you have a different ENGINE!!! I have a '95 motor in my '94. Do they sell the spacer for the older motor? because i was looking at the throttlebody and stuf last night, and i think it is different than that in the pictures.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
let me do some checking

·
Med School member
179 Posts
I honestly dont know if it will fit or not. It should.....but I'm still checking around....I'm at work, so it's tough to bypass all the firewalls

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thank you again for looking, but i am not entirely sure it would fit man, it is a different motor, but thats cool.... i wonder if they sell one for mine if that one doesnt work

·
Med School member
179 Posts
What does the application guide say?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont know, are you talking about something on that site??? because i tried going there and couldnt find anyway to check part numbers or anything

·
Med School member
179 Posts

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
I heard from someone....don't remember who, but they said that the 94-97 motors don't have a removable TB. IMHO, from a mechanical engineering student stand point, that doesn't make much sense. But who knows, GM has done weirder things before.:bah:

·
0 Posts
Yeah its only for some 98 and all 99-01 trucks. The older ones were different and I also heard the TB doesnt come off at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
a very irritating thing that GM does is

put the leaf spring bolts in from the inside, so when you try and take them out you need to drop the gas tank and move that thing like a good 2", and thats hard with a full tank of gas. my dad told me that they do that because if the bolt is comming from the outside and you get into an accident the bolt will puncture the gas tank, and thats not good. sorry just venting about the other night cuz we stayed up till 11 gettign those springs on. oh and another thing its not cool when the u-bolt nuts strip, we had to bust out the BIG impact gun to get those off and it was still hard.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats what i thought... I was looking at the throttlebody and it looks hella weird and doesnt look removeable, but does that mean it is part of the whole intake manifold??? because i would be changing that in the future anyways, because that company that sells stuff for the Cavelier sells a performance intake plenum that accepts a 56mm throttlebody, and i guess the TB spacer wouldnt work with that anyways. maybe someone makes it for the bigger throttlebody?

About the leafspring bolts, THAT PISSED ME OFF WHEN I COULDNT GET THAT **** OUT!!! i tried making a few well placed dents in the gastank but couldnt do it well enough for the bolt to clear, plus i was highly afraid of putting a hole in it. And i have been in the same situation with those nuts stripping out. I stripped one so bad that it was smooth on the inside and had to rethread it!!! sucked.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
What some people are doing (what I would do) are getting the replacement bolt for that, getting it out enought to cut off the head. Then sticking the replacement bolt in the the other way for future removal.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, what sucks though, if you didnt know about that bolt being the wrong way in the first place you dont find out til you are halfway done and most of us dont have the choice of just leaving it half done and then finishing it when you get that bolt. Like me I had been working all day so i started it pretty late and did the passenger side first, but i got to that drivers side and about ripped all my hair out when i saw that i couldnt get it out. So it kinda sucks when you are at that point. But i got it all taken care of so it was all good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts