S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New to the site and just bought an 83 reg cab short bed 2wd and going to be putting in a carbed 383 with TH350.
gotta a couple questions.

1. it needs seats. can i use a bench seat from a 94 with little or no modifications?
2. i dont have a drive shaft with the truck and need one....will a driveshaft from a 94 reg cab short bed be the same length as for my 83?

thanks for any help been searching everywhere online and not much luck finding answers

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
I may be wrong. But with a 94 seat will need minimal modifications. Try the search function it will help a lot. And I wouldn't be worrying about that driveshaft till u get that 383 in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man.
well the driveshaft i know can be stock length as long as i use the short tailshaft on the TH350. the guy i bought it from had a SB set up with the 350 trans and thats what he was using. also i can get one from the 94 for just $20 so i dont mind as long as the 83 and the 94 are the same lengths (same models of course)

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
bench seat may work if you use the 83 tracks mounting brackets

driveshaft only if both trucks same wheelbase and trans length

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
My advice. Dump the bench seat. There sooo uncomfortable.

buckets out of a first gen bravada. Just needed to drill a few holes. Soo much better

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes both trucks are reg cab short beds and auto trans

i completely understand the comfort thing haha but im getting the bench fairly cheap and in decent shape later on ill go with buckets when i have more funds to find them in great shape and with appropriate brackets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
man hit up the junk yard. if your going to replace it later anyway. i had blazer seats in my other truck. got them for 75 bucks and then had them recovered

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i have been checking noone had any good condition seats around here for a close to bolt in design. the seats they do have i would have to swap on the brackets to them and finding brackets is even hard....it sucks

what about 2nd gen blazer buckets? what would need to be done to those

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
I'd say keep looking. I got my bravada seats for $75.00. If your gonna end up doing it anyways why not keep searching and do it first time around.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well called around literally everywhere today and no luck. either comes down to know one has an s-10 or blazer etc or they dont have anything older than 95. so went with the bench for now since i got it for just $40. and in the mean time ill keep searching craigslist etc or maybe end up getting some racing seats with appropriate rails.

or if anyone on here has any or finds some ill pay for shipping on a good deal

·
Registered
156 Posts
i picked up some cavi seats with the tracks ready to mount for 80$ check on the classifieds here. Or you could also just look for Cavi Seats and order the mounting brackets from LMC Truck. 80's Camaro buckets will also fit and i believe they have the same brackets.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i picked up some cavi seats with the tracks ready to mount for 80$ check on the classifieds here. Or you could also just look for Cavi Seats and order the mounting brackets from LMC Truck. 80's Camaro buckets will also fit and i believe they have the same brackets.
awesome good to know

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well incase anyone searches in the future, a 94 bench seat will fit. Its slightly wider and all you have to is redrill the mounting holes and bolt it down

1 - 18 of 18 Posts