S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 Xtreme blazer, orderd 3" Belltech Springs(i'm told those will drop it 2"), and i wanna use 2" blocks. I don't see much clearance under the truck, does anyone know if I may run into any problems with say exhaust or anything???:dunno:

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
with a 2" drop in the rear, you shouldn't have any problems with clearance.... :thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Jseel,

Welcome...The Lady knows her stuff.....Watch the 3" springs in front with stock rims and tire Combo. May rub fender...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about bumpstops, any shorter applications out there that will fit? Any advice on cutting them?

·
626 Posts
you might be ok with not cuttin' the bumpstops with a 2" drop in the back. At the most, you could get away with trimming them about halfway to allow for a bit more clearance. There is no need to remove the brackets with that drop.... you should be just fine :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hate to be a pest, but what about the bumpstops in front? it looks like right now they've got about an inch of clearance.

·
626 Posts
nah, you'll be fine in the front :D No worries.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
appreciate it...thnx

·
626 Posts
no prob ;)

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well on a blazer and if u do coils u might want to trim them....just a little pay special attention to the arm in the back not the front the back of it will hit before the front does.......98 ss on nos know all about this and he'll help u out hes a cool guy..... ps your not a pest asking question is what this forum is for....good luck!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hope all goes well, i'll letcha know

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey noma girl! what if i decide to go with 3" blocks? do i need angle blocks with such a short wheelbase and a one-piece driveshaft? or can i use str8 ones?

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
hey Jseel, i have a 99 x with 3" drop springs and straight 2" blocks out back, no problem with bumpstops on front or rear. just be careful putting in on steep inclines and stuff like that, im now putting on 2" drop spindles and 3" angled blocks, ill let u know about any clearance problems there

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
few things you need to do and i can answer you completly

1) yes get the angled bel-6202 blocks in back
2) measure to the top of the fenderlips from the ground all the way around and tell me what it measured
3) then i can figure out how it will be. with a 3 inch block you cut a little more than a 1/4 of the stop BUT FROM THE TOP. its totally differnet than a s10 bumpstop.
4) in front there is no need to touch anything with spinldes, unless you cut a 1/2 -3/4 of a coil which i have done to 3 blazer xs so far and rides just like stock

tony

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks tony, i think i'm just going to use 2" blocks in back cuz i do a lot of towing and a lot of times i have people in back. i know it's not gonna sit level but i'd rather be safe than sorry, ya know? do i need to cust the bumpstops at all with s" blocks?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, i just received my spindles and i paged through the directions, i remember trying to remove shocks from my buddy's extreme was a ***** cuz the stop stud just kept spinning, is there any way around this? is there anything in belltech's instructions that is not neccesary to do? If anyone has put belltech spindles on a blazer, please give any advice that might help, i'm doing it Saturday.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
to take the shock out its easy. jack under the lower a arm at the outside and jack up till frame comes off body. this way less stress is on the shock and should come off no prob.

3 inch block would have been way better. the blazer x i did with 3 inch block in back tows 2 bikes and its fine. i had to cut the stops down a little thats it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts