S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, im probaly going to be buying a 2002 S-10 monday. 55,000 miles 2.2L 5spd 2wd ext cab. Took it for a test ride today and the truck rode very nice and felt strong (for a 2.2 anyways). But i was just wondering if you guys happen to have anything i should look out for. Maybe specific for this year, or anything like that. It is a "certified" pre-owned vehicle but who knows how good they go over it or whatever they do.

But thanks for any help or advice you guys may have and i look forward to hopefully becoming a part of the S-10 community. :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
2.2 5 speed 2nd gen's like the one your buying are known to be very reliable gas concience rides....I wouldn't worry about to many problems occuring on such a new truck,or very many problems in the future....All cars/trucks have there problems,you just have to pick a clan and stick with it...Welcome to S-10Forum.com

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
:stupid: I have 280,000 miles on my 94 2.2 5spd

·
Usted huele como un asno
1,197 Posts
i have a 00 ext cab with a 2.2. all i can say is if you buy it, try and keep it above 1/4 tank of gas cause when it runs low you run the risk of burning out the fuel pump. i just replaced mine at 55k miles and it kinda hurt the wallet and my back cause i did it myself. also, check and see if it is a flexfuel engine.(vin code 5) if it is, it's fine, i have one, but the parts are a lot more expensive than the reguler 2.2. that and you will get the wrong parts when you go to repace common stuff like fuel filters or pumps
:monkeypee:booty:

·
My Work In Progress
9 Posts
Since you are new, i would reccomend that you make sure your headlights are installed properly(see thread) before you put pics up if you get it or you are gonna catch hell. Welcome by the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So today i took an 06 colorado for a test ride but they couldnt give me the payment i wanted so looks like the S-10 is for sure:) I did find out that it is a flex fuel truck and i also ran a carfax report and it came back totally clean. So what does this flex fuel mean? i can run that E-85 junk in it? Not that there is any stations around me with it. I will also check to make sure the headlights are installed properly before i post pics.

Thanks
corey

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
looks clean

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
lol I will trade ya trucks I am really tired of shifting

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
welcome to the click son... i got a 2000 2.2 5 speed... reliable as hell.... just keep the fuel above 1/4 tank... and dont do brakestands... hah, not that 2.2s really can do them anyway. :-D

congrats on the truck... post some pictures up. we got love for all s10s, even the stockys.

·
Usted huele como un asno
1,197 Posts
don't worry about it being a flex fuel, i love mine and it runs great, f the colorado, i think they suck. the great thing about having s10 is that you can come on this forum if you ever have any questions or problems and everybody will be more than happy to help, as long as your headlights are installed properly( fortunatly enough i saw the thread before anyone called me out on it) 99% of the problems you'll ever face with that truck can be solved with a bit of research within this forum.
:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She wont be stock for long. But i will try to keep the brake stands to a minimum :D Although i know the 2.2 can do some pretty bad ass ones, my frined has a 98 2.2 auto sonoma and that thing would rip the back tires right off the rims. Although it probaly had something to do with it having the original rear brakes shoes.

Heres a pic of my old car and his truck, i know that hes in the middle of body dropping it right now.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
what happened to the car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts