S-10 Forum banner

What do you think of the truck?

• Love it, its ready for mods!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Its just a truck, dont waste any money!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ick.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I was redommended to visit this site by a fellow BMX'er of mine, digbmx4130. I thought I should introduce myself, and my truck before I started making a fool of myself. I am 17, and take residence in Milwaukee, Wi. I bought my truck 4 weeks ago, after working since I was 14 to afford it. It is a 1992 Chevy Blazer, S-10 Tahoe. Equipt with a 4.3 Li High Output vortec V-6, it is my pride and joy.

I have a few mods in mind, and that is where this board will hopefully come to help. I want to get my security system ready to start, but later I am interested in lowering the suspension, shaved door handles, and possibly suicide doors. Several smaller things will eventually be done, the only things I have had a chance to install ( or afford ) is my CB radio and my back up lights. A truck is included in this post, I hope it works. Anyways, this is my greeting.

Attachments

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Welcome aboard....CB Radio? lol....nice truck though....Good Luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Hows it going pOrk, its always good to see fellow bmxers who share the love of bmx and s-series trucks!

·
6,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interior Styling

digbmx4130 said:
Hows it going pOrk, its always good to see fellow bmxers who share the love of bmx and s-series trucks!
And there he is! I have some questions for you on interior styling, I'll catch you on AIM.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Re: Interior Styling

pOrk said:

And there he is! I have some questions for you on interior styling, I'll catch you on AIM.
Ight, I should be on.

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Hello pOrk, wheres the ramp? So to be able to jump over the truck and break your crank spindle upon landing. Have you ever heard of the DG bmx bike. I had one for years and it was stolen like 20 yrs ago. But I also had a Kuahara freestyle about 15 yrs ago. And almost cried when I sold it so as to be able to support my pot habit. Boy you are bringing me back to the days. Glad you are here to hear and see advances in the s10 community.

·
6,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PisOnCavlier, yes. I want suicide doors, but chances of it actualyl hapenning are extremely slim. I have money problems right now, and I am saving for a new system. I had 2200 invested in my car, but then it was broken into, and I lost everything. Life sucks. Anyways, I want an MP3 CD/CD-R player for HU, a 12 or two 12" subs, an amp, maybe a capacitor. Maybe a rim switch in teh future as well, but it is a bit pricy. Also, I want to re-do the interior, and maybe get a corresponding paintjob to finish it off. Lots of little things too, that I just dont have the time to do right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
S-10s and BMX.....that's awesome.

I have two older bikes, Redline 700 exl and Schwinn Sting. Both are being rebuilt now, I got away from riding for a while but want to go again. They just built a new track near my house.

·
littleX10
70 Posts
That is my only hesitation to a nice stereo system. Lets face it the one in the 2000 and up is still a stock= average at best system. If you upgrade to the quality you want in a truck of S10 or custom S10 quality it will be a $1000 or higher system. Now in my and many others S10s. We have the no bypass to ignition security which fixes the truck to position unless towed pretty much. But when you add this and that to the stereo there are those thiefs too. Which look for them and can easily deal with or work around an equally worthy alarm system. Thats why I love my current system. Its loud to a distorted 33 yr olds ear and, it is worth about $3 in the aftermarket world. Not the case with your MP3 Kenwood with Alpine 10000 watt amp and MTX 16" self amping woofers. That **** is hot in the aftermarket world. Because it is the latest and costs a lot of money. I am happy with moderate additions and cheapest ones at that. I might spend $300 on upgrades and thats it. No loosing $3500 dollar systems for me.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
3500 is a bit much, when mine is all said and done, it should be around 1200.00 max, i got my set of components for under 50 bux (everything i've bought brand new) my 6.5s for 45, and my head unit for 350.00, i still hafta buy subs, and amps, and supplies to build a box ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts