S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Blazer Xtreme Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting a 97 S-10, with the 4.3, ZQ8 suspension, auto, stepside.

My main qustion is what are the differences betwen a normal 4.3, and the SS 4.3? Should I hold out and look for a SS?

After looking at the SS's the look like they have normal suspension. Is it the regular suspension?

How does the 4.3 respond to mods? Which ones should I do first? I have an Explorer with the 4.0, and it didnt seem to respond to anything I gave it. When I get an S-10 my Explorer will become my beater :D

Im selling my turbo Rx7 for this, so im sure you can see how much I like this truck.

I look forward to hanging out on the forum.

-----------------------
Tony

·
Blazer Xtreme Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know that part :) What kind of exhaust do you guys recomend?

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
well today i just put on a 40 series flowmaster none delta singl in/dual out sounds pretty good, had a dual out glasspack was alot faster but didnt sound as nice

·
Blazer Xtreme Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I going for performance, I coul give a crap about sound

·
Blazer Xtreme Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think im looking for an exhaust that will wake he neighbors when its idling. :evilg: That and performance. Ive got a flowmaster on my Explorer now, but I got it so long ago I cant remember the series. It has a droning sound to it at about 3000 rpms on the highway....

·
Blazer Xtreme Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, do you guys have any get-togethers?

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
i have seen people smoke a 2wd truck on road kill but never a 4x4 please post pics when done! :thumbup: lol

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
Stl-XoG and Stl SoG........!

Welcome to the S10 Forum Board ZQ8U............!

ZQ8U So, do you guys have any get-togethers
ZQ8U......do you know where Hooters is in So.County On Lindbergh.....?
Thats where Stl Xog and Stl Sog... gather at most of the time......!

I my self am new To St.Louis Xtreme owners group and the S10 Owners group.......!

You need to talk to Rhino... I believe he is one of the Founders of Stl Xog and SoG........!

·
Blazer Xtreme Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, A bunch of Rx7 people I know gather at that Hooters. Unfortunately the ZQ8 I was looking at was too old. It was a 1997, black with silver racing stripes, and 57,xxx miles. I got tired of hearing people tell me it has too many miles. I thought it was perfect, because I like that style nose thats on it. It was only $9K. Well, Ive got 3 more to go check out. There is a red xcab stepside Xtreme by my house, but I dont think I trust the little dealer. Its been there forever.

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
USed and oR New TruCks......!

I bought a 2000 Xtreme Reg cab stepside back in May with 4777.X Miles for 14.000.. off a Mo.Chevrolet Dealer Lot.........!

So Keep looking.........57.XXX isnnt to bad for a 95......!

I had a 94 S10-SS But i lost it in May and it Had 122203.X on it......!:cry:

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
ZQ8U said:
So, do you guys have any get-togethers?
boy do they! Hooters, go carts, drag racing.... Just the few I've been too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts