S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone im ricky , i just got my first s10 today, its 97 rcsb white, auto, 116,000 came from florida so theres virtually no rust besdies surface rust, right now i live in MA but am moving to north carolina on august 2nd to go to school to build race cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks everyone, im going to school in hickory the bobby isaac motorsports program at the catabwa valley community college, im going to be living in newton by the way heres my truck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why ? did you go there? i was talking with the teacher at bobby issac program and he told me you get demerits if your shirt isnt tucked in and all they do is read out of books and can rarley do hand on stuff

·
51,327 Posts
why ? did you go there? i was talking with the teacher at bobby issac program and he told me you get demerits if your shirt isnt tucked in and all they do is read out of books and can rarley do hand on stuff
my best friend did, and they say they will help you get job placement at a race shop, and my friend graduated nearly 2 and a half years ago, and he's working as a tech, at the local dodge dealership, has turned in many resumes to race shops, but it just seems like its been a waste, IMO..he enjoyed it, felt like it was a good learning experience, but not paying off like he thought it would...

just seems to be a program like that at a community college is way more bang for the buck...

oh yea, welcome to the forum from down here by rockingham..haha.

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
welcome aboard. hope to see you in NC real soon

·
Registered
95 Posts
whats up everyone im ricky , i just got my first s10 today, its 97 rcsb white, auto, 116,000 came from florida so theres virtually no rust besdies surface rust, right now i live in MA but am moving to north carolina on august 2nd to go to school to build race cars.

Welcome!

·
my hoopty
1,946 Posts
welcome to the forum from another carolina dimer. btw, i heard that there were about 600 people laid off by the nascar teams this year due to the "car of tomorrow" bodies. so i'd try to specialize in engines or drivetrain or something like that. good luck and welcome to the carolinas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts