S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have a 86 S10, with a 2.5L FI.

I don't have any gauages for the oil pres, volts, or coolant temp.
I only have "dummy" lights.

What Im wondering is if its possible to add replacement gauages so I can actually see the values all the time.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
yes it is. if you go with a new dash with the guages you will need new sensors for em tho. but if ya wanna buy one of thoes 3 pod units from the local store you should be able to put one on without any problems.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tha_Boom said:
yes it is. if you go with a new dash with the guages you will need new sensors for em tho. but if ya wanna buy one of thoes 3 pod units from the local store you should be able to put one on without any problems.
I want to keep the original dashboard, I would like to add a 3 pod unit :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TECHRF said:
Thanks I checked out there site, and I have a few questions.

Do you think the sensors would be mechanical or electrical?

Also
this puzzles me...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some late model vehicles use electronic sensors in their
pressure and temperature senders for engine control functions. Before
removing the original senders, we recommend that you contact your
automotive dealer to be sure no critical functions will be disrupted.
n With pressure gauges, it is beneficial to add a T-fitting to install your
new gauge and to keep the warning light operational. This allows you
to monitor the pressure and still have a warning light to indicate
emergency conditions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to that I wouldn't be able to have the sender for the dummy engine temp hooked up, however I could have a t fitting in place for say the oil presure sender so I could have the dummy light, and the guage working. Does anyone know if the sender for the engine temp is critical??
http://www.autometer.com/hp/instruction_download/instructions/235.pdf

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
you can do either they come w/sensors. there are other places to put them besides the stock places.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
TECHRF said:
you can do either they come w/sensors. there are other places to put them besides the stock places.
ya esp the 2.8's have a ton of places to mount other coolant sensors

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tha_Boom said:

ya esp the 2.8's have a ton of places to mount other coolant sensors
So basically

the voltmeter guage is simple.
The coolant temp needs another sensor for the guage if I want to keep the dummy light.

And for the oil preasure sensor I can use a t-fitting and I can monitor the presure from the guage and the dummy light.

Thanks for the help, I've never added guages before, and I just don't want to screw up :D

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
RICK

that is F'IN cool . I'de love to do somthing like that. great work

·
Registered
205 Posts
You want leather seats like this? The seats, console, and door panels are out of my totaled Typhoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
keepin an eye out

Nice set-up pro-flod I can see you are a man who likes to keep tabs on his engine!The seats are nice too.I have bin offered the interior from a typhoon but would like to stay with the lt.tan.By the way you should sell me that injection system!!!LATER MAN

1 - 20 of 63 Posts