S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the number switched up from the old one and here is the new pump on the right. new pump came with a new plug in to splice on the top but my only concern is there is 2 of 3 supporting spring loaded posts, there is a spot for a third post but its not on my new one... is this how they are or should it have a third one. old pump left new one right

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this third post is missing on the new pump. there is a spot located for it but the post is not there, looked odd to me since the old one has 3 and ive always thought them to have 3.the missing post is marked in red

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going to try and contact gm monday I'd really like to get it I and running. down time on wondering sucks. searched fuel pumps on ebay some have two but seems to me like it may be factory defect? box was never opened with part number sticker covering box opening..

·
Ninja Owns Me
252 Posts
That whole unit will compress by hand like a shock absorber will. When u compress it by hand does it go downward evenly? IF its smooth, Id just go for it. ID also want to confirm that 2 posts is not a defect, maybe someone here knows.

·
Registered
74 Posts
no its not a defect. there should of been a piece of paper in the box stating whet the changes was as when i did mine a few months ago its the same. they took the 3rd rod out because they had problems with the hose rubbing on it and cause it to crack/brake, they changed the filter to inside the bucket for another reason, and the new plug is because the old one had melting problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts