S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
98 Noma ZQ8
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about all i need now is a set of mechanical gauges the complete the swap of a carbed 350/400 combo in my 98 noma. What do you guys recommened on using? I was looking at getting a speedo, tach, water temp, oil pressure, fuel level and voltage gauge.

The voltage gauge is the only gauge that works in my 98 now since i removed the computer, so i should be able to hook it up no problem. but as for the rest of the set, how do you guys recommend installing them?

any photos or info on installing mechanical gauges would be great.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
get a set from autometer and cut you a piece of alum plate that fits your dash to install them in like I did in my nova

·
BADDEST TRUCK IN DFW
2,089 Posts
Install them where they fit...Be different and try something new
The gauges you listed are fine... Get GOOD GAUGES...I work on peoples cars all the time with crappy gauges and they SUCK people think that gauges are gauges and thats 100% wrong, cheap gauges don't read correct and they fail..

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
:werd:

·
98 Noma ZQ8
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how is the best way to hook up a new fuel level gauge? Im using the stock tank and darwing through the stock pump with an aftermarket mechanical pump. The gauge on the dash doesn't read anything, so how do i hook up a new guage?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
call summit and tell them what you are trying to do and they can get you the right sending unit

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think whats happening here is, you pulled or cut all the wires from the elec. fuel pump/sending unit. You need to reconnect the purple wire (and ground), and your gauge should work.

What does your fuel gauge read now?

·
11 second station wagon
2,921 Posts
why do people do this ............most guages are on the engine side of the harness. so theres really no need for a new dash.......just use your old sendors with the new engine the temp sender, the oil pressure sender aren't hard to find. have the tach recalibrated .way cheaper than buying a 5" monster or etc. I wouldn't try drawing through the stock pump I tried before. and the engine laid down on the top (ran out of fuel) pulled the old pump and it ran perfect. as stated above hook the fuel guage back up pull the ecm fuses if you can't figure out which is your sendor or pump wires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts