S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I just bought a 2003 s-10 extreme 4.3l v6. I have a ponieer cd player, amp, and 2-10" subs that I want to hook up by myself. Someone had mentioned that the radio is connected to the airbags and I shouldn't do it myself. What should I be aware when installing audio equipment??

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
radio is connected to the airbags <-- BULLSHIT....trust me..this forum has had many arguments about it..try and do a search on that in here...dont pay attention to who ever said that.. :)

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
On some newer GM cars, the h/u is integrated into the car.....so on them, u do have to leave the h/u hooked up.

Mainly the Impala and Monte Carlo's.....

I havent heard anything about trucks though.......

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think its funny as hell people hear RDS and get scared....Does anyone even know what RDS stands for? My thoughts are that it stands for "Radio Data System" and all it does is recieve info from some radio stations that have the feature. Like when I go to Orlando the stations name is displayed and you can hit info and read a lil message they setup.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
lol i had RDS...i didnt catch shit with that down here..haha
shiet i didnt even know about RDS wen i took it out...i just treated it like anyother deck...haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts