S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 1999 LS standard cab with the 4.3L. It’s very clean and I’d like to keep it that way (all original, think grandpa truck), but wouldn’t mind a little rumble to it. I don’t want really any drone inside the cab, but just a classic v8 vibe. Any suggestions for a exhaust like this that wouldn’t flatten my wallet?

·
Administrator
22,291 Posts
Moved to Exhaust.

Sound is very subjective. Everyones taste is different. It will sound just like a V8 until you start it. I'm running a single in dual out Magnaflow. I like it.

·
LS3 Cruisin'
1,800 Posts
Ran Magnaflow dual rear exit for years with the 4.3, loved it. Now I run twin Magnaflow side by side rear out quad tips with my 6.2L, love it. Magnaflow gets my recommendation haha

·
Administrator
22,291 Posts
Ran Magnaflow dual rear exit for years with the 4.3, loved it. Now I run twin Magnaflow side by side rear out quad tips with my 6.2L, love it. Magnaflow gets my recommendation haha

I'll bet it sounds just like mine.... 😂 😂 😂 😂 🤣

·
Been there Done it
7,519 Posts
You've got it. The best way to get that V8 Vibe is with a good sized V8.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
365 Posts
2.5" front pipe to a decent single in/ dual outlet stainless muffler, then dual 2.5" tailpipes straight out the back or out the sides will provide the deepest rumble without the interior drone.

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
My 99 4.3 had JBA headers an SLP y pipe and high flow cat. From the Cat Back I had three different setups. Gibson single, Dynomax Ultra Flow single and then Magnaflow Dual. Hands down by far the best sounding was the Dynomax Ultra Flow muffler with single exit.

·
JTC97SONOMA
18 Posts
I’ve got a 1999 LS standard cab with the 4.3L. It’s very clean and I’d like to keep it that way (all original, think grandpa truck), but wouldn’t mind a little rumble to it. I don’t want really any drone inside the cab, but just a classic v8 vibe. Any suggestions for a exhaust like this that wouldn’t flatten my wallet?

·
JTC97SONOMA
18 Posts
I USED A MAGNAFLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER AND FLOWMASTER SERIES 44 MUFFLER 2.5 IN AND DUAL 2.5 OUT WITH 2.5" TAIL PIPES ON MY 1997 GMC SONOMA 4.3L ,SOUNDS GOOD ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GET ON IT. IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY KEEP STOCK CAT. GOOD POWER GAIN ALSO. JTC1133

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
My 99.. getting rid of the pre cats was great. I hated that damn why pipe. The dual magnaflow I liked just too many issues. Rattles, loosening up, no spare tire

·
the new guy
849 Posts
might try something from borla also. not a 4.3 but I put a borla xs on my son's 2.8l powered 92 s10 and it sounds pretty decent and no noise in the cabin.

it didn't have anything after the cat when we bought it. I had this borla for my truck but his needed it more. it sounds pretty dang good to me from outside the truck and when I drive his truck, I don't hear it in the cabin even though its turned down right in front of the rear axle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts