S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hi flow cat stock piping and a Dynomax turbo muffler. I want to cut off the rest of the pipe behind the muffler and run 3" pipe and a chrome tip out in front of the rear tire. Would this cause a great loss of back pressure?

I also was thinking of putting a glasspack in combination with my turbo muffler. Would this cause more back pressure and a deep sound?

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
whats the point of having a glasspack all it is a fake muffler it does nothing to your exhaust. having a muffler defeats the purpose of a glass pack. a glass pack is a muffler looking thing with fiber glass stuffed in it and a straight pipe running through it. you would lose alot of back pressure running a 3" pipe i would jsut go with same size pipe then a larger tip. not to mention its illegal and your I/M tests will go to shit

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I really do not think you would notice any type of loss by running a 3 inch pipe for about what, a foot or two maximum after the muffler to run it out the side. But, if you already have the 2.5" stock piping, just lengthen it close to the side and then run a 3 or 3.5" tip on the end. Also do not bother with the glasspack, it will do nothing for you, infact it will probably make it sound like shit.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
oh thats horseshit i put a glasspack to get ride of the tiny ship i had for a muffler and i really noticed i don't mean really noticed like hey this sounds better the trustey ass-o-meter confirmed it. but i would run 2.5 pipe cause everything over that would be some major over kill ahh emosions testing i wonder whats that like never have to do it...god bless living in the middle of nowhere

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
a 3" pipe after the muffler is going to make hardly any difference in backpressure, when you realize it would only make a difference before the muffler (unless you have a straight thru) because the muffler is usually the most constrictive thing in the exhaust system. dont do the glasspack tho, it sounds like ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts