S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a new engine put in my 94 s10 (replacement 2.2) and now its running like ****. It acts like its getting no gas and missing and firin out my intake and pissin me off royally. It doesnt really get bad until the truck has been running for a few minutes. I just changed the spark wires and the fuel filter and it doesnt seem to help it at all... Also when i was changing the wires today every part of the engine was scalding hot, intake manifold, valve cover, even the intake itself was almost too hot to touch. i am thinking its either timing or clogged catty giving it too much back pressure. (even though i just replaced the catty and it was running fine before i changed engines. N e ways i'm in need of some SERIOUS help.

Thanks. Brian

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I beleive i solved the problem, i pulled out my old Bosch Plat+4's and replaced them with Regular Bosch Platniums. It runs like a charm. :)

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Plus 4's are just a marketing gimmick. Had mine in for about 3000 miles and they were missing like crazy at the end. Put back in a set of good ol AC's and it's been fine since.

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Advance Auto Parts
1500$+250$ core fee
400$ labor
100$ misc. parts

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Advance Auto charged me like 1414$ plus tax and a refundable 250$ core charge, i got it back when i returned the old engine. The one i ordered had the head, block, pistons, cam, valve trian, and oil pump. a gasket set was also included. The dude i had installed it charged me 400$ and sed it was the hardest damn engine he ever pulled and replaced. ( He has pulled well over a 1000) Also inorder to get the engine out, the air cond. coolant had to be released, thus needing to be recharged. Then you gotta figure in 4.5 quarts oil, 1-2 gal. Antifreeze, and any parts that need to be replaced, like i needed a new Crank sensor and a pilot bushing for the tranny. so figure in 100$ misc parts.

hope this helps!

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.