S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had a alpine 9815... but it got stolen... my nisurance company is paying to replace it or i can get something different...

anyone have any suggestions?

my only thing is i would like it to play mp3's

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Rockford fosgate, Kenwood, or Pioneer. I have been involved in some testing with alpines against others and I was shocked by how poorly Alpines came out. I will never own one after seeing these test. The test I saw the alpine do the worst in was when the checked the pre amp output. It was rated to put out over 4 volts RMS, it peaked at 1.8 and only put out .7 unclipped wile running one amp!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
dB Zac said:
Rockford fosgate, Kenwood, or Pioneer. I have been involved in some testing with alpines against others and I was shocked by how poorly Alpines came out. I will never own one after seeing these test. The test I saw the alpine do the worst in was when the checked the pre amp output. It was rated to put out over 4 volts RMS, it peaked at 1.8 and only put out .7 unclipped wile running one amp!!

Im gonna agree with that. All of the Alpine decks I used to do bass heavy systems with were pretty weak. For example, summer 02 we did a system in one kids car, 4 12" Alpine type r subs, off of an MTX 81000d. That car shoulda slammed. He bought the high end Alpine MP3 deck at the time, we sold it for $399 (cant remember the model) and there was bass output, but no where near what it should have been. He swapped it out for a Pioneer 8400mp, and the car was sick loud. Alpine does make a nice deck, but from experience, Id give the nudge to Pioneer. I had a 9815 when it came out in May, got rid of it because there was way to many features on it for me, and got a Pioneer 8500mp. Been happy as hell with it every since. Alpine is still up there in quality though.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
My choice would pioneer. I really like the 8400 but for now I have a 6300. I like it alot.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
go with another 9815......

RMS voltage is the only bad side. They put out the full 4v, at the highest volume. It dips to like 2.7v one volume notch above full volume. Then goes straight down from there. :(

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im taking it back and getting the 850mp in the morning...

the 940 they gave me was used... and they have no new ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts