S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
This User Is A Fake
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw a 2007 Standard Cab Xtreme Colorado with 3.7 I5 run a 14.6 in the 1/4 Mile!

STOCK STOCK STOCK ALL STOCK.

Pretty sick, and he spun....A LITTLE.

Ether way, just thought I would mention it.

Imagine, bolt-on's that damn truck would be mid-upper 13's NO PROBLEM.

The only beef I have with the 3.7 I5.....is the sound with a performance muffler.

I think I would be willing to sacrifice 7-10 HP to keep it quiet and non-ricey sounding.

Ether way, quick little trucks.

P.S. Saw a 2007 CREW CAB pull a 14.7 with muffler, drop in filter, high flow cat, and ECU tune.

·
I just ate a honda.
1,451 Posts

The only beef I have with the 3.7 I5.....is the sound with a performance muffler.

I think I would be willing to sacrifice 7-10 HP to keep it quiet and non-ricey sounding.

P.S. Saw a 2007 CREW CAB pull a 14.7 with muffler, drop in filter, high flow cat, and ECU tune.
r u shittin?

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts

Im not calling BS, but I find it harder to believe it being stock. The newer have slightly more power but not that much. Its 242hp, & 242ft lbs. There are lighter trucks with more power not running that quick

What was the MPH? stick, auto?

·
This User Is A Fake
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not calling BS, but I find it harder to believe it being stock. The newer have slightly more power but not that much. Its 242hp, & 242ft lbs. There are lighter trucks with more power not running that quick

What was the MPH? stick, auto?
Auto. Suppose to be 3450 lbs.

I know that my truck with no tailgate, no spare, and 1/4 tank gas weighs just a hair over 3200.

Honestly, I'm really not sure if he spun at all, it "sounded" like it, but that could've been the other vehicle beside of him.

It shouldn't be that hard to believe....I've seen a 2006 Eclipse GT run 14.2 @ 99 MPH with intake and muffler. Those cars come 260 HP stock, and weigh 3500 lbs...no shit!

·
Registered
591 Posts
thats pretty hard to believe, but you can never tell.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
My question would be how did you know it was STOCK STOCK STOCK?

·
This User Is A Fake
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My question would be how did you know it was STOCK STOCK STOCK?
Haha, just word from a friend.

For all I know he could've had a tune and filter. BUT, from what I was told, it was stock.

I listed to the truck, quiet stock sound. No sign of a cold air intake under the hood.

Stock 3.73 gear.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I beleive the 2007 models have more HP slightly more than 250. Have to check when I get home and not at work to be sure...
3.7L 242hp.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
they are ****ing ugly...and i dont believe it...i drove one the other day and that shit was slow
And it was probably an 04-06 CC Z71 w/3.42 gearing.

I'm not going to say the times are real, but I wouldn't call BS on them either. The newer 3.7's are fairly strong, stronger than the advertised HP bump suggests. I wouldn't be surprised if that one at least had a tune though.

Here, this guy just put this up. Custom intake/tune/gutted manifold cat = 217whp. This was a 3.5L BTW, a 3.7L would likely see better gains. The 3.7L head was revised and is supposed to have a lot larger exhaust ports and revised cam profiles.

http://forum.355nation.net/showthread.php?t=2099

Edit: The OP must be from around Houston. The only CC I know of to claim a sub 15 second time did it at HRP, and it was a [email protected]. He's received a lot of critisism from his 60' time though that have made a lot of people claim it was a fluke, he had something like a 1.7 60'. Not very believeable for a 4,000lb truck on a stock converter and stock all seasons.

·
Yes, its fast...
48 Posts
a 1.7 60' is awful quick for a stock tc, and tires, would make me disbelieve it also, hell thats my 60' time with 4.56's and a 3500 stall, if this is true, im colorado bound..... :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts