S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp the way this crap started was I was sittin in a parkin lot with my hood up parked next to a couple of other cars and trucks and stuff and i'm talkin to a few people about my ride til I hear the sickass sound of a mustang exhaust and of course catch the smell of a ford burning oil, I turn around a a new red cobra with a 8 ft wing is creepin thru the parking lot he pulls right infront of me and drops it and burns out of the lot some me being the nice guy that I am I hoped in my ride and burned out behind him as we got out on the street we lined up at the light and he just sits there, the light turns green and he just sis there i go to ease off the light and he nails it well it only took about 2 secondws to catch backup and pass him then I slowed back down at 110 he catchs back up and costs along side of me which I'm prayin he will race me for topend since I got my new ramair installed we sure enough he kicked it again I jammed it and instantly hopped past him then slow down again he eases back up side me and throws his blinkers on and waves and turns off revvin hmmmm anyways cobras suck even though this guy could actually shift his pretty good:bah:

B

·
0 Posts
i am a big gm fan and everything but i think the 302 sounds way cooler than any 305 or 350. the 302 with a good exhaust have a cool sounding growl to it.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
billybadass said:
i am a big gm fan and everything but i think the 302 sounds way cooler than any 305 or 350. the 302 with a good exhaust have a cool sounding growl to it.
I have to agree there. The SVT package makes that thing sound badass.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a ford never has done anything for me,c ourse it does sound better than a honda

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yeah i dont pick on ford guys too much because atleast they are running american muscle under their hood too. now if an import tried burning out infront of my truck, damn it would be on then

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i'll upload that video to you tonight so u can host it, zoom and the ricer is 6 car lengths back ok maybe 4 but we still had to use the zoom to see him

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would anyone happen to know why a sticker gives a honda 100hp?

·
Registered
98 Posts
u gotta post that video i would love to see it....i had considered buying a cobra a while ago..but then i realized...you cant really customize them like u can an s-10..plus the s-10 was hella cheaper..so that kind helped too

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea but the mustangs, corbas, and hondas all have sumthin in common :D all look good in the rearview

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
hmmm but something about every mustang sounding the same.. no matter what they have done to it..doesnt get me at all...id rather drive my grandma's buick...ive only heard a couple mustangs that sound good and they were running 9's other than that they sound like a honda to me....heard one heard them all
later
jason

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a buddy with a 94 that has a built 351 and its a evil sob it sounds like a v6 at idle or sittin side of it at a light but when u relize what u have messed with its waaaay too late i seen him had a twin turbo supra his a$$ big time was almost hittin mid 11s all motor and now it has a supercharger 373s from like 306s and ported heads has nto ran it again yet cuz he broke the inside of the tranny into about 500000000000 pieces

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Cobra doesn't have a 302 in it, and SVT doesn't put a "package" on it to make it sound any different than the other Mustangs. It's a DOHC 4.6 liter motor as opposed to a SOHC 4.6 liter motor in the GT's. The cubic inches break out to about 281 as opposed to the 302 in the 95 and earlier Mustangs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.