S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new clutch put in a little while back and then didnt drive the truck for a month. I have about 3 weeks worth of driveing on the new clutch. When the clutch petal is down no noise, when I let the clutch petal up (even if im in gear or not in gear, moveing or not) It makes a squeeking noise like when a belt squeaks. should I take it back and have them fix it or is this part of normal break in? thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
its not the clutch squeeking, its the pivot point for the clutch lever. there is an updated pivot point with a grease zerk.

take it back and make them fix it.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking maybe the throw out bearing was the problem, but I dont see how the pivot point could do that. Wouldnt it only squeek when the clutch was in motion if that was the case? Not bashing you, just looking for an explanation. thanks

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Mine is a 95 so I dont know if it would be because of that. My trans is a Borg Warner T5

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. However, since I had it changed 1300 miles away in Michigan in the middle of a roadtrip, I wasn't able to take it back in to have it fixed. That was at 70,000 miles, and at 146,000 miles it is still running strong. Squeals a bit coming off the interstate, but no other problems. However, I did find a zerk fitting on the passenger side of the tranny today. Might give it a shot as I don't think it has ever been greased. Incidentally, does anyone know what it is for? 1995 T5 BW 5-speed.

Also, where would I bleed the cltuch line if I felt so inclined? I searched all over that tranny tonight, and couldn't find an available bleed nipple anywhere around the cltuch line. Just a funny black cylinder that stuck out of the tranny with the clutch line going into it.

Camelman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts