S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started off with a 2000 blazer console that i got off ebay for 41 bux shipped to my door.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i got it today, so right when i got home from work i yanked out my drivers side seat that i had already cut down to a bucket from a 60/40 a long time ago. i had to do a little bit of trimming, i just used a hacksaw blade without the hacksaw and it worked good.
with the trimming done the console fits nice and neat. the bottom contours of the console fit perfect to the floor of my standard cab truck.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now i had a hole around my shifter that i wanted covered up so i took an old t shirt and got some spray adhesive. i sprayed the console and then stretched the t shirt tight around the console.
the next step was to mix some fiberglass resin and cover the shirt material to get the contour of the console.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will be recovering again with tshirt material and resin to make it thicker.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey!!

Hey, when you cut down the 60/40 do you have to get the side of the seat sewed up or somthing, or can you just cut it off, cause I want to do it to mine.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i havent gotten it sewn yet. i am getting my seats recovered in tweed and vinyl for 150 bux so it will be sewn soon.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok i put the second t shirt layer on and ate dinner, and hung out with the gerl... just walked her to the car. the CONSOLE is hard as a rock. and thick too. so i decided to flip over the console and resin where the shirt meets the console. i filled in all the seam where the cutout was. i then flipped it over and did another layer on the top . now its smooth and hot!... i guess i mixed a little too much hardener.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
:rock: this is what ima be doin in a week or so, keep it up :thumbup:

·
NOT LOW, NEED DOUGH!!
209 Posts
00s-ten00 said:
ok i put the second t shirt layer on and ate dinner, and hung out with the gerl... just walked her to the car and this thing is hard as a rock. and thick too. so i decided to flip over the console and resin where the shirt meets the console. i filled in all the seam where the cutout was. i then flipped it over and did another layer on the top . now its smooth and hot!... i guess i mixed a little too much hardener.
Ok...not to play on your words but I had to read twice when I got to the "hung out with the girl...just walked her to the car and this thing is hard as a rock and thick too." Took me a second to realize you were talking about the console and not something else!!! :D :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok this morning before work i cut off the excess t shirt material, and then i did a coat of resin around the edges of it... it is now really starting to come together. after work today i am going to my friends stereo shop and we are cutting the hole for the shifter. i will also do a light coat of bondo and some sanding of the resin to help even things out before i tweed it. i hope to have it tweeded by today, but im not rushing it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts